Opera opera6.ini file info

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Since the other thread where I've post for this info has been closed :(, I'd like to ask if any one using Opera could provide me the following information:

I'm doing some testing, and I didn't perform a "normal" install, so I don't have nothing of that info in my opera6.ini file. Could you show me exactly how that information is placed over opera6.ini file? If you got more, like Flash plugin, etc., it would be great if you could add it.

Thank you

2. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I don't have those specific items in my .ini file, rather, they are displayed from the Menu: Help|About

opera-helpAbout.gif

However, path information is displayed in the .ini file, such as:

which is written to the .ini file during the installation.

What do you mean when you write that you "didn't perform a 'normal' install?"

----
    rich

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

That's the sort of info I wanted; how the path information is displayed.

I haven't installed Opera via normal way. I extracted its contents. But, I found why I wasn't able to get anything within %appdata% folder for Opera.

I'm using Sandboxie, but two weeks ago, I cleaned all of my settings and I haven't defined Sandboxie to show either a border line or the ##, and I have files to be automatically saved outside the browsers sandboxes. I totally forgot about Sandboxie.

I though Sandboxie was suppose to ask me, always, if I wanted to rescue any sort of files. I guess it won't unless specified. Always learning!

Anyway, thank you for replying!

Edit: I want Opera profile outside %appdata% dir, so I'm starting Opera with a batch file like so

But, I should had started Opera normal way without that command first, to get the info I wanted. Bummer. :D

Edit 2: I've found this link http://operawiki.de/wiki/Operaprefs.ini

It has useful information about those paths and more. May be useful for you (for whatever reason) and others. It's in german.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.