opera link scanning?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dell boy, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

im using opera, the actual version not beta, and am wondering if there is a link checker available, there is so many out there now for IE and firefox, but not one ive seen actually works on opera... ive found dr web but it isnt what i want, i want something that will display results in a google search...im not that overly bothered for myself, but i cannot recommend it to my mother without a link checker because she relies on it in firefox, most people dont know how to distinguish between good and bad sites.
    now i know they arent that accurate and they can be biast because of users abusing them, but the opinion WOT gives her for firefox is better than she can interpret it her self by just looking at the link.
    i dont mind if its an exploit checker, user opinion based or w/e just something will do thanks.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

As for Opera, maybe scandoo would work. Its ratings have been a bit questionable in the past and sometimes scandoo seems to get hung on generating reports. Your mileage may very. Opera is supposed to have the built in Haute Secure link checker. Not sure what the status of that is now since HS was bought out by some other e-online company.

http://www.scandoo.com/

3. dell boy

cant seem to find the opera version, and is still in beta, any others out there? even if you dont know of any im willing to take on-board your advice

4. acr1965

I got scandoo to work with google chrome. Just added scandoo as a search provider with IE then imported the IE search providers to chrome. Thought maybe Opera could do the same. I am away from my computer now so no way to check for sure.

5. acr1965

For the above I meant I added scandoo google to IE and had that imported to chrome

6. simisg

simisg Registered Member

you dont need all these for opera and chrome both browsers have site protection......

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

That's what I was thinking too.
    Wasn't this subject brought up recently?

8. dell boy

well im sure that some sites are blacklisted, but i would like a search engine to tell me because whatever opera uses isnt working that well, i can go on any site...

9. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Just stopped a Trojan for me from Malware Domain List. :D

10. dell boy

i mean yeh it will block some well known bad sites, but its not a replacement for what i want, ive decided to use firefox, and opera for the intended use i actually downloaded it for in the first place, besides firefox does have other things i also like such as keyscrambler and adblock plus.

11. acr1965

OK I just made Scandoo Google my default search engine with Opera and get site ratings from Scandoo when I search from Opera even when I put the search query in the Opera toolbar search area.

What I did was went to Scandoo then searched for the word "google" although I think any search term will work. When the results page comes up go to the key word search field (where you write your search terms) and right click inside it. Then you can add scandoo to the search engines options. Under details you can make this your default search. You can rename your search engine whatever you like. I just liked searching for the term Google as the word that appears when you try to save the search engine for the toolbar references google. This can also be edited, though.

Anyone else get these results? Also, are there any other search engine results like scandoo that will work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.