Opera Browser!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rookieman, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I've been itching to give this a run.I have IE7 and the updated Firefox.Would users of this browser give me opinions on this.Is it as good as Firefox?:doubt:

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You will now get at least 10,000 Opera and Firefox users weighing in on both sides.... ;)

Install it and give it a whirl and see....

3. rookieman

Do i have to uninstall firefox for this?Is there a certain way to set this up?I know nothing about this at all.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

No need to uninstall Firefox; you can have multiple browsers. Just remember that only one will be your default browser.

5. rookieman

I'm gonna give this a run and see what happens.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Firefox,IE and Opera will all live happily together. Firefox is a good browser and opera is also good. It will depend on your preference. Opera is the safer browser but Firefox has a bucket load of extensions available. I have both browsers and prefer Opera by ninty percent but that is just my personal preference. Give opera a try and see what you think. Just remember that Opera does have a bit bigger learning curve but not difficult. Just give it a long enough try to get actually acquainted with it :thumb: Here is the link to the Opera browser forum, a lot of info there on setting up opera and a lot more http://my.opera.com/community/forums/

bigc

7. Gez

Gez Registered Member

A brilliant browser, but to use it to its full potential you need plenty of screen estate. At a high resolution you can show your panels on the left, your personal bar on the right, with your own search boxes added for good measure, and of course your tabs bar and main toolbar along the top, all without losing space for page display. It is just so convenient, user-friendly, and, without wanting to start a war in here, so far ahead of all the other browsers I just can't understand what the fuss is about. Try it; explore all it has to offer. It's fast, stable, secure, and it makes browsing a real a real joy.

8. Arup

Arup Guest

www.secunia.com

Check Opera's safety record. Opera is very good and fast, technology like prefetching and data pipelining was started by them, since the days of measly dial up over noisy lines, Opera has been saving me, FF is a good alternative to IE as well.

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Opera is the best available browser, and the incoming version is outstanding... :D

10. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I prefer Opera over Firefox.
    The page rendering on most websites has improved over time and that was really the only annoyance I ever experienced with Opera.
    Great browser!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.