Opera 9 to Opera 10- how to keep setting

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

They changed many things. I wonder how can i keep/ import/ restore bookmarks, wand data and password, toolbar settings,cutom buttons etc?

Thanks

2. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I think if you do the upgrade you will keep your settings. For me this time I backed up my profile and mail and then uninstalled everything. I had done several upgrades before during earlier changes and also installed beta versions and felt like a spring clean.
    I downloaded and installed the new installation file and then imported my bookmarks (easy). For Wand I copied the relevant profile into the folder in documents & settings/application ... just check in "about opera" where your stuff is stored. Do this transfer when Opera is not running. Once restarted wand was working. Same thing for my mail folder. Special toolbar or button configs, I am not sure. I think the toolbar config would work the same way by transferring a copy of your existing modified toolbar to the relevant folder of your new installation. Buttons - I don't know but I am sure on the Opera Forum they would now. Google Tamil, he probably has something on his blog.

As usual, do make a backup first just in case.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I had a glance and I saw the names of files changed and their location too. Will see again or post on their forums.

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

All you need to do is copy over your C:\Documents and Settings\$user$\Application Data\Opera directory. Be sure to back it up, because you will not be able to revert back to version 9 after upgrading to version 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.