Opera 9.5 vs Mozilla Firefox 3?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Coolio10, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Firefox is my browser of choice. If Opera allowed an adblock plus like extension then I would go to Opera.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

FF takes 10 seconds to load after I boot up. If I close FF and come back during the same session, it loads in 4 seconds. IE loads in 4 seconds after booting up because it's imbedded in the MS system and is half way loaded already. I don't see what the rush is any way. What's a few seconds either way?:D

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

It does. Right click>block content :D.

Can block content from the same directory or seperately by holding shift.

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Heres my view Firefox No more then needed before extension or themes stable pretty fast more the grown ups. opera more then needed upon Install pretty fast More the kiddies that like lots of toys. Ill keep Firefox thank you

5. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Opera may have more unneeded features but what's wrong with that as long as it is still as fast and smaller then firefox :D.

6. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I can do without FF easily.
    But Opera wants to remain elitist and won't allow Roboform.
    No. The Opera Wand is not the same.

7. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

You can have a separate install for stable, and beta firefox, I don't know about opera.

Install the beta into a different directory, and run the beta with -p switch
    "C:\program files\mozilla\firefox beta3\firefox.exe" -p
    That will open teh profile manager, create a new profile for hte beta, and you're good to go.
    There are significant differences in the way ff2, and ff3 store profile information, you risk corrupting your current profile if you let ff3 use it.

If you want to go back to using ff2, just remember to run the profile manager again, to select your default profile :D

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have the same opinion. I ran Opera along side FF for a while, and found Opera to be geared to the young dudes as evidenced in the chat room and the Community Center. Even the GUI is geared to them. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but being over the hill, it wasn't for me. FF is more straight forward and more easily configurable for me.:)

9. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Yes I hear ya,I am looking down hill now instead of up and your correct there Is nothing wrong with opera It just seems more for young guys and girls thats all.Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.