Opera 7.50 Preview 2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by crockett, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hi everyone :)

Hope you're all doing fine...

The new preview for Opera 7.50 is now available at
    http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?s=9f21315603278f2a7761e98fc76df213&threadid=44865

Complete (impressive as always) changelog at
    http://people.opera.com/tim/changelogs/w750p2.html#detail

I'll try and come back to comment my own feelings about it in a couple of days... Please, feel free to do the same.

Rgds, Crockett :cool:

Attached Files:

2. crockett

Re:Oera 7.50 Preview 2

Boy, oh boy ! :D

I seem to be the only Opera 7.50b2 fan around here, but I... just don't care !! :D :D

'Cause this browser's new build is so incredibly intelligent and fast ! :) Just blows my mind... How can these guys so dramatically improve this product from one version to the other ? They must be Norwegians... ;)

3. root

root Registered Member

Hey Crockett. Hows things? You know you are not the only Opera lover around here.
    Opera7.5 Preview1 was a radical upgrade and Preview2 now still brings more changes and usability. As the commercial says, I'm lovin it. :cool:

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I'm just waiting for you guys to complete the test. :)
    Trusting you completely on this one.

Regards,

Pieter

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Opera spent almost 2 months between preview 1 and 2... and preview 2 has brought much improvement... I use Opera 99% of the time and only use IE when I have too (updates, some banking sites, etc.). Opera 7.5 final is going to be fantastic IMHO ;) ....

Regards,
    Kent

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have been useing opera 7.50 for quite a while now and I like it just fine. But I think I will wait for the final before I upgrade again. please keep us informed if anything doesn't seem to work like it should. Thanks in advance ;)

7. root

root Registered Member

For those of you that may not know about the Beta Forum for Opera, it has all the info you would ever want about how the latest version is doing.
    http://my.opera.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=31

I installed preview 2 on top of preview 1 and didn't even reboot. I did have to re-copy in my modified menu.ini file.
    I haven't had a bit of trouble with Opera in so long, I don't remember the last issue. Those that are unsure about beta releases, you can always just install in a different directory from Opera. Also, I don't do chat or use the M2 email client, so I can't speak to those.

8. crockett

Hi guys, hi Root :)

I don't use the Chat either, but I happily do use the M2 mail client which, I have to admit, has all the features a mail client should have - except for the more advanced encryption options one can find in a specialized client like TheBat, for example.

The Opera M2 client to my mind stands in the same category as Mozilla Thunderbird, except for the facts that 1/ M2 is part of the 3,57 Mo Opera package which is very small, to say the least, and 2/ M2 is VERY fast (in my experience, much faster than TBird) and available in a single click at any time while riding Opera.

The only reason for M2 being 'only' my second mail client for the moment is because of an old reflex of mine - keeping different functionalities in different softs, so that if the browser should ever get infected or destroyed by a virus/worm/attack, the mail client should not suffer the same fate since separated.

But I do use M2 as my primary 'working' mail client, i.e. I simply use it day in, day out, and let a copy of my mails on the mail server. Then, once a month, I open Calypso and dwl all the messages I let on the server and save them on disk.

But M2 is so user friendly and swift and fast, you can't resist using it very long.

M2 also allows for the attachements to be displayed, but forbids scripts to do any harm to the system.

Attached Files:

• OpM2.gif
      OpM2.gif
      File size:
      26.2 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.