Opera 11

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Opera 11 final has just been released. Will the next build of Prevx provide SafeOnline support for Opera 11?

2. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Can you more elaborate your query? SO works perfectly for me in Opera 11.

EDIT: Yes I may see a problem too. I have noticed that when listing between tabs in Opera 11 SO keeps the first visited and doesn't change for the next tabs/pages, You can check it by having opened a few tabs and unroll SO tab and then switch between tabs in Opera. SO tab doesn't change values for particular page.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

The SafeOnline tab is visible, but is doesn't show host name, IP adress etc. On Windows 7 x64.
    Edit: restarted Opera, now it shows the info but I have now the same problem as you.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

In my end, SO tab is stuck at the first visited page. We need to wait for Joe.

EDIT: I tried to disable SO, enable SO, reset SO settings but all to no avail.

It needs to be addressed very quickly because HTTPS sites are at danger (you can take a screen shot etc.) due to the malfunction described above. Though if you need to enter a HTTPS site, please close Opera 11, open Opera 11 and go onto the desired HTTPS directly (i.e. HTTPS site must be opened first in Opera 11). In this case you can get the full protection.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  5. Uli9000

Uli9000 Registered Member

Hi

I have the same problem. The tab stays as it was for the previous site.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Uli

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We're currently looking closer at Opera 11 and will hopefully have it improved in one of the next builds but in the meantime you may wish to raise protection for all HTTP websites as well to ensure you remain protected if the status erroneously changes.

7. metalurgs

metalurgs Registered Member

And when might we expect the full support of Opera 11 by SO?

8. PrevxHelp

Opera 11 involves quite a few underlying changes which have broken how SafeOnline integrates into it. The changes are non-trivial and we are still looking into the best approach to take so I currently do not have a time frame as to when we will have it finished.

9. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I fully understand to get sorted Prevx compatibility with Opera 11 takes a while but can we count with the full support of Opera 11 still in Prevx 3 or will we have to wait to happen so in Prevx 4? Just a curious.

10. PrevxHelp

It's proven to actually be rather difficult (it is now in the same class as Safari in terms of difficulty for SafeOnline to fully implement). We're likely going to have to wait until Prevx 4 unfortunately :doubt:

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx Joe for your honest reply, as you always do :thumb: It's not sort of a big problem because you gave us a temporary clue in increasing HTTP configuration level to Max. Though this solution brings some downsides ... it erases difference between HTTP and HTTPS sites configuration. Anyway we can live with this and if really necessary we can always decrease HTTP level or create custom rule for a particular webpage.

12. osip

osip Registered Member

Strange, I have no problems at all, V. 11.01.1160.Host name and ip at https shown as it should.

13. pegas

pegas Registered Member

11.01 is a development snapshot. We talk here about problems with official 11.00, though it is interesting to know that in 11.01 SO works correctly.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  14. pegas

pegas Registered Member

EDIT: Are you sure you don't have the same symptoms in Opera 11.01 reported in this thread? We don't have problems with displaying a host name & ip at HTTPS. The problem lies elsewhere ... please see post #2 & #5 for instance.

15. osip

osip Registered Member

Sorry, I misunderstood the problem. The last opened address is the one shown in SO. Close it and it will shift to the tab left open. No big deal for me, it means that every opened adress is checked by SO, the others opened have already been checked when they were opened. As I see it.

16. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx for making it clear. However did you try to check SO thingy while browsing between opened tabs in Opera? Does a host & ip change as per each visited tab?

17. osip

osip Registered Member

When moving between tabs SO stays at the latest opened. Host, ip:s are always the latest opened no matter of how many tabs are opened.The latest is visible on all tabs. Take up a couple of tabs and then check when opening a new adress. Then SO changes to the new one and that's the one on all tabs.

18. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx osip for thorough clarification which confirms the same issues as all other Opera 11 users are experiencing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.