Opera 11.01 is terrible - Time to uninstall

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by buckshee, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Well, that is one way to do it lol. Of course "performance" is always measured differently by everyone it seems, so one should go with what "feels" best ;)

Sul.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

"Performance", to me, means it doesn't crash and renders perfectly and quickly (barring network/website issues). I really don't know if anyone goes by "feel" anymore. Now it's speed, speed speed.

3. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Actually, I think everyone bases it off "feel". I say this because like so many here I have tried every browser, and sometimes those that are reported to be the fastest on earth ;) don't "seem" or "feel" the fastest at all. Same goes with about any program that has competition, such as imaging programs or defraggers. We try them all typically to see on our systems, which one is the "fastest", and we do this not by the claims, but by what we "feel" it doing.

Maybe "feel" isn't the best word here, but I think you see what I mean.

Sul.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh, but Sully, if the benchtests say it's so, then it must be :D Haven't you learned by now? Benchtests overrule "feel". Honestly the more that gets added in to "keep up with the competition", the less performance there will end up being, imho. That goes for all browsers.

5. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Bench Test is the most objective way to assess and a yardstick to measure with. But whether a particular bench test is fair or not is another issue altogether. So when you claimed to be the fastest, you must show your bench test results to prove that you achieve the fastest results and the competition will try to outdo you in that test.:cool:

6. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I decided I'd try a couple more things and reloaded Opera as I really didn't want to give up on it until I was completely fed up with it.

I did the following settings change
    Settings/Advanced/Network
    Max Connections to a server = 8
    Max Total Connections = 20
    Now I don't know if this made any difference as well. But with Avira Webguard
    active I set Ahead heursitic to low,

So far so good - But, hey, tomorrow is another day

7. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I called it "CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE" which explains why not everybody will use the "fastest" but the one which gives the most joy and satisfaction to the user.;) :p

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

as a example i LOVE opera.... but i have simply found it horrible on a few systems i used it on. i have a problem on some systems where it loads the page in sections. ill have say just words on the page then pictures will slowly load. and its not just one page its on almost all of them and i have tried every tweek i could find without any success. where i find on the exact same machine firefox 4 and chrome blow it away page load wise.

so a lot will depend on the system its on also. i love opera and i do use it on some systems but others i just simply cant because it just doesnt work well with that system..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.