Opera 10.6x (Alpha, Beta...) Now Final! - The Fastest Browser on Earth gets Faster !!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

Re: Opera 10.60 Alpha - The Fastest Browser on Earth gets Faster !!!

exactly. i was not telling him to choose anyone i was simply stating my experiences with it nothing more. i also see about the same differences he sees on my newer systems. now on the older one i see different picture so again it really depends what you are testing it on, and it can even come down to what programs are even running or are just installed in the backround for that matter.. enjoy your browser. now i agree if i have been using say chrome and all of a sudden with a newer build i see a drastic difference in speed i will not be very happy about it either, but all of the current browsers are really very fast with some edging out others. i know so many that still use ie8 and they cant believe it when i suggest chrome is that much faster i usually hear "how much faster can it really be" from some of my customers lol

2. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I've actually had the same issue with 10.53 intermittently (on Raymondcc forum usually).:doubt:

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I am using Opera 10.60 on Windows 7 with no problems displaying the Wilders forum.:cool:

Working perfectly here.

4. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I don't understand why you would want to use Opera 10.60 or any version which you have not been very impressed with.:rolleyes:

Just stick to your browser of choice, Chrome or whatever, go elsewhere, and get on with your life. This thread is for Opera users and is NOT meant to try to convert or force anyone to use Opera as I had said here many times.*puppy*

I have the utmost respect for the major browsers which include your Chrome and you will not find me posting those comments you did about Opera.:blink:

5. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Whoa. No need to be so trapped in your own siege mentality there.

I was just asking an honest question. Calm down.

6. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Okay. Let's keep the discussions here helpful and constructive for everyone.:cool:

7. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Thats right, lets keep the discussion on Opera, not on personal troll agendas here. If it doesn't suit you, by all means feel free to use browser of your choice in this free world.

8. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Can you really see differences between versions? Without some timer run by a computer to tell you it is technically faster? I don't see much difference in any of the browsers in the last year to be honest about it. Some might be a tad faster, but I really have to pay very close attention to see it.

What is Opera going to win by cranking out new versions anyway? And how can they really state that "version 9999 is faster than 9998" if you can't see it without a timer or other tool to help you?

I do get a kick out of how they can put out a version, claim it is super duper fast, faster than any version before, and then within weeks come out with the exact same claim. It has always been fast. It will likely always be fast. It might be the fastest, on your machine. But I am beginning to ignore thier speed claims because I just don't see noticable increases. Honestly, it was sort of interesting at first, because everyone likes to have pages rendered fast, but now it sounds like a bunch of school kids yelling "I am fastest" - "no, I am fastest-est". Reminds me of so many other things in the computer field that seem to end in the "I am the best" mindset.

I just loaded this page up with Kmeleon 152 which is actually a bit old now, and this 10.60 alpha. I think Opera loaded it a second faster, maybe 2 seconds, hard to tell because I was not looking at my stopwatch ;)

Sul.

9. timestand

timestand Former Poster

Yes agree Sully. I also like opera once but it has problem with render at times. ok?

10. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I don't know about you for but for me, I am enjoying my Opera during this period when it is the fastest browser around. I've been using Opera for a long time before and even when it was not the fastest browser then.:cool:

Opera gives my my best internet experience yet just as I believe Chrome or Firefox or Mozilla ( as K-Meleon 1.5.2 ,now 1.5.4/1.7.0a4 to Scully) will provide others their best internet experience.;)

Well, every dog *puppy* has its day and so for now it is Opera's puppy days !!!:D

11. linuxforall

The so called speed war was started by Google Chrome and not Opera but now it has become a issue of contention because the tables have been upturned royally. However as I mentioned earlier, I lived fine with the slow Opera 10.10 when Google boyz were happily flashing their super fast benchmarks, the reason was that for us Opera users, its the whole experience, not just one facet that is speed, of course speed helps but then its the convenience that helps more, on my Ubuntu system, both Chrome and Opera run equally well but Opera remains my main browser due to what I am used to and my expectations of a suite rather than just stand alone browser.

12. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

I recalled when Chrome had boasted of claiming the "speed" crown that I was happy that a new benchmark had been set and that would spur others to improve. It did not matter then that Chrome was just 1% faster or that the web page would load 1-2 seconds faster, hardly felt by some here.

Now Opera has usurped the "speed' crown and I am sure that would again continue to spur others to improve.....

The end results ? ..... Ultimately, WE, yes ! WE ALL benefit whether you use Opera or others. :cool:

13. Eice

Eice Registered Member

And, two days later, Chromium build 48706 appears to have brought Opera's short-lived reign to a premature end...

Attached Files:

• temp.png
      temp.png
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  14. linuxforall

And we are back on the topic of speed again but this time its from the voice of the God. :(

I thought 1% didn't mean anything. Btw, as per peacekeeper, most popular browser there is Opera and as per the fastest benchmark scores, Opera has been ruling since version 10.53 with 10.60 devastating even that score. In the end it comes down to the same old crap talk about speed and Opera has proven once for all that its the speed king and thats defacto, 1 % notwithstanding.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  15. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

That's great !;) ....let's keep raising the speed bar. :p

16. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Yup, now can SRWare please release a v6 build? :D

Competition is great isn't it? :)

17. linuxforall

Great indeed, next time we will be posting all them fancy Opera scores on every chrome thread around ;)

18. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Time for a break, enjoy the Opera Babes in Computex Taipei 2010 *puppy*

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  19. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats more like it:p

20. linuxforall

Dayumm they are good, now thats the way to make Opera more popular for sure :D

21. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

And Opera's message at Computex Taipei 2010 is not even about its fastest speed :p It's about L-O-V-E !!! :-*

Attached Files:

22. linuxforall

Well I sure do love her......Opera that is ;)

23. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Now there's 3 ladies that I'd enjoy discussing Opera benchmarks with.;)

24. linuxforall

Just benchmarks........I am sure you will find more than that to discuss with em ;)

25. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

The Opera Development Team are back at work again.o_O

Further Core updates and fixes with Build 3402/8365/6346

This is a new build for all platforms with a few nice core fixes since the 10.60 Alpha release. With a bit more hard work, we may bring a few more desktop specific fixes on their way to you soon.

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/06/03/further-core-updates-and-fixes#comments

WARNING: This is a development alpha snapshot of Opera. It is released for testing purposes, and there may be serious bugs and unfinished features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.