Opera 10.60 for linux released

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by mack_guy911, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I wasn't aware that AVG's Web Threat Data Feed has been integrated in Opera 10.60. What do you think of it ?

http://www.h-online.com/security/ne...rates-AVG-s-Web-Threat-Data-Feed-1031862.html

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

thanks for sharing that ocky even i didnt aware of that as well

some how i find trouble with opera 10.60 strange its crashes a lot and buttons and few tabs of my astaro security gateway dont work in opera 10.60 while they working fine with opera 10.10 is any one facing problems with tab or button with opera

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I agree it's not 100% as yet. for instance the status bar always disappears after setting it, closing and then launching Opera again. I have moved it to the top as a result.
    Try opera -pd /tmp/test_opera and see if your problems are still present. Run in terminal - it's just to test Opera and won't interfere with your installed version.

6. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Ocky are you still getting the nsplugin error messages on dmesg?

7. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

No, the error messages are gone after I did what you advised. The only plugin paths I now have are:-

/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/opera/plugins

:)

8. linuxforall

Is your Java working?

9. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Yes, java works well - no probs. Only sun java will work, openjdk does not work. I removed it.

PS... Plse. check my post at Opera forums. http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=637112
    Do you have the same re. status bar etc. ?

10. linuxforall

Yes Open JDK used to work with older 10.10 Opera but not with this, actually Sun Java works faster and better.

11. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I found this simple skin, called (surprise), Simple, and find it nice for 10.60.
    My status bar is on top hence the space between toolbar and tabs. The + should be moved further to the right .... otherwise very lightweight skin.

BTW. 10.70 snapshot is available.

Simple Skin.png

12. linuxforall

Btw, too many aw snaps with Google Chrome Stable on Ubuntu, I switched to Kubuntu and Opera doesn't give those nsplugin errors anymore, whats more, it just rocks, even basic ubuntugeek pages were sending Chrome to aw snaps, Opera just runs beautifully here, Chrome is and always will remain my alternate browser and it does that job well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.