Opera 10.52 Snapshot Updates

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Please feedback to tzuk. He is beta-testing v3.45 and you will help all of us.
    Thank you in advance !:thumb:

2. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Limit Opera's memory in preferences from automatic to any specified number.

3. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Thanks after changing memory preferences it helped ..alittle.. but cant they just make opera lite with no unite..no mail..and a good adblock.. so that you can use what you wanto_O and sandboxie compatible or is it asking too mucho_O?

4. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

YOU stole my words,,,,that's what was about to ask.

hope opera can hear.

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Until they have more than 2% of the market to worry about, they really have no reason to change. I still am not sure how they decided they needed Unite, it's just a plain bad, bad idea, and I know of no other browser with that kind of thing. Maybe that is what Opera is about, having things no one else has. Maybe that is their marketing strategy. They have a web server, they have a Bittorent function, they have Widgets, they have it all...and the vast majority of it is either not needed at ALL or is a security risk. If having what others don't is their strategy, I'm sorry to say that, as fast as they are, as, usually, stable as they are, they are failing.

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, I don't get that either, I didn't see exactly anyone screaming "kingdom for a webserver in my browser"... also, w/ things like uTorrent, which pack excellent functionality into 200KiB, why a BT client in a browser, goes beyond me. Also, servers in browser are a horrible idea security-wise, IMNSHO.

:mad:

7. brainrb1

opera is changing..all we users wanted was a lite clean browser with a good adblock.. it was fast and good overall but they added so much junk..i was a fan but dont know now.. firefox is no good either ..chrome they are information pirates.. no,no,no. so what do we haveo_O??

8. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Midori - but not right now - some stability issues. Very fast and lite.
    http://www.twotoasts.de/index.php?/pages/midori_summary.html
    (binaries for Windows)

9. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

First I forgot to empty the cache when I tried "turbo" after I emptied the cache I was back to a snail's pace.
    Then I was told in the opera forum to try in "advance" network settings, proxy servers "enable HTTP 1.1 for proxy" now Opera is very fast again.

10. linuxforall

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  11. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

I thinks that 100 million downloads, luckily most of these know there are better things in life.

12. brainrb1

13. linuxforall

Opera mini is in Apple shop for iphone now.

14. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera 10.52 snapshot build 3353/8329/6312 has just been released.

hxxp://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/show.dml/

Here is a new build with some very nice fixes for PowerPC and our initial work on KDE 4 integration. Neither is perfect but we hope that you will see that we are finally getting somewhere. :D

Please note that this snapshot comes with a new installer. Before you click proceed to install, do remember to first select if you want Opera to be your default browser and click on Options (lower left corner) to select if you want a shortcut on start menu, desktop and system tray, etc...lest Opera be again accused of treason, betrayal,..... etc as it had recently happened with some members here and blogging about them.:p

WARNING: Finally, be warned that this is a development snapshot: it contains the latest changes, but may also have severe issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.

15. lubieplacki

lubieplacki Registered Member

Im using stable, newest version of Opera. When I install this snapshot can I lose all my data, bookmarks etc. ?

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up...and let go...seriously.

17. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

If you are using the newest and stable Opera version, then that must be v10.51.
    In that case, you will not lose your data and bookmarks if you update to this snapshot.:)

But for prudency, you may want to backup your profile folder which contains all your settings, cookies, bookmarks, etc.:cool:

18. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Opera web browser that bypasses big brother a Kazakh hit
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Source : http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63C37N20100413 *puppy*

The Opera browser is now the most popular in the Kazakhstan country with a market share of 32 percent, beating out rival products from Google, Microsoft and Apple, according to statistics for March from Web analytics firm StatCounter.

Opera continues to make inroads......:cool:

PS. Please do not be compelled to use or try Opera, just stick with your browser of preference.:p

19. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I´m having weird issues with Opera 10.51 (latest stable), I can´t select text on any webpage, the menubar is looking blurry, and I can´t put buttons where ever I want to, this really is not acceptable. :thumbd:

20. linuxforall

21. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Experiencing more crashes on this new build 3353, moved back to previous build 3347. :p

22. linuxforall

Thats the flash plugin, do a clean install of both Opera and flash, remove hidden Opera folder on your documents>appdata folder.

23. linuxforall

24. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

That's for your good advice ! :thumb:

25. linuxforall

You are welcome, I know in Linux they have redone the plugin implementation due to the dreaded flashx32 used in x64 distros with nsplugin wrapper which causes all sorts of issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.