Opera 10.50 Final is released - The fastest browser on Earth

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nanana1, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Time to condemn Opera, start typing in your blog asap.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

We're not starting that again, are we? Let's grow up and get over it, or, alternatively, log off the internet if people can't stand their precious choice of software being criticized. On topic, this new Opera, after trying it a few days is actually nice. It's not, in my opinion, as fast as Chrome, but neither does it suffer the issues I'm having with Chrome. I DO wish Javascript options were a little better than the standard on/off button, and, I really don't like the "half O" menu button at the top, though that's no real "issue", rather a preference. Tab behavior is still not something I enjoy either, when compared to Chrome or Firefox.

After trying both, I have to say, Opera is more polished and functional than Chrome. That's my opinion, not a real criticism of Chrome (so please, no going up in arms over it).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

:thumb: :D

Until something better comes out! At least for me. Probably move to IE9 when it's out, until Opera does GPU acceleration and move back :D

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'd imagine FF will be the second one to utilize GPU acceleration. I might end up being proved wrong though. It'll be an interesting experience for sure. I really hope IE9 sticks with keeping up with the competition this time around and not sticking in little useless "features" like web slices and that junk. Now back to Opera :) Which, by the way, as far as tabs, is there a way to make tabs behave differently? For example, I'm watching two different streams let's say. By default, Opera separates them into two separate tabs, and I can't figure out how to make the second stream appear over the top of the first stream/tab. In Firefox, I can drag a tab around the screen and place it where I want. Am I a total buffoon and am missing an obvious way to do this in Opera?

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Anyway, shouldn't this thread be re-named Opera 10.51 Final is released - The fastest browser on Earth? :D

6. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

Yes, agree...I am the threadstarter, can and how do I change the title of this thread ? o_O

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

U can't but the Wilders staff has that ability(pm one of them with your request). :)

snowbound

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Isn't there an EDIT button next to the QUOTE button?

9. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

No. There is not.*puppy*

10. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

No one is starting nothing, its a forum where opinions and counter opinions and sometimes people have license to write things which ultimately will become gospel for some, in that case, one has to dispel such kind of nonsense with fervor.

You should not be in a forum if you can't stand that kind of stuff or better yet, pull the plug of your net.

As for Opera being slower than Chrome, thats a big LOL!, Opera may not be compatible with certain pages, specially Google sites but slower than Chrome, that is a big no, every tests done, formal or informal proves otherwise, the latest betas are even faster than the final Opera which is faster than Chrome beta.

11. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I really don't know why I'm bothering, I really should just walk away, but here goes. I commented about starting up again over the blog mockery and jokes. Please don't insult my intelligence and pretend you're clueless as to the remarks in your posts before last. Furthermore, did I hand over a spreadsheet showing Opera was slower? Did I say that Opera, no matter what, was hands down slower than Chrome period? Will you please FREAKING READ before you post your comments? Please? I'm begging you. I clearly stated it was my opinion, my sole experience.

Let me make this clear, I care not for your links to static lab tests, I care not for your Opera infatuation. It, again, I can't stress this enough, is my opinion, MY experience. Not yours, mine. So we can cut the Opera commercial crap, we can cut the "LOL"'s. Get it? Got it? Good. I'm done here.

12. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

May I remind all Wilders members to take a step back and read No offense?! Yes, really!!

While we urge everyone to share their opinions about security software, once the discussion turns into verbal jousting between members, threads are closed and this one has reached the end of its shelf life. Closed!

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.