OpenVPN log OpenSUSE Gnome

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Gitmo East, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gitmo East

Gitmo East Registered Member

Ok I give up!! I cannot find or figure out how to open the OpenVPN logs on my SUSE box.
    I'm using AirVPN and having DNS leak and reconnection issues, I have manually set Gnome Network-Manager to query OpenNIC's non logging DNS servers which fixed the leaks however connection fails (generally) upon reconnection or upon switching servers ie: Sweden to Netherlands.
    I pretty much have one hand tied behind my back until I can open the VPN logs, any help much appreciated as always.

2. Balthazar

Balthazar Registered Member

Regarding DNS leaks:
    Did you try the AirVPN DNS servers in the Network-Manager setting (IPv4 Setting -> Additional DNS servers)?

Re. logs:
    I am working to get there myself. I have an output when connecting manually.

3. Gitmo East

Gitmo East Registered Member

Hi

I have set OpenNIC'S DNS in Network-Manager http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier2 I used these as I was unsure of Air's DNS address.
    This has solved the leaks but seems to have broken something else as the only sure fire way to connect through the tunnel is after a reboot, if I wanna change servers to check for better speeds etc forget about it.

Regarding OpenSUSE, I'm determined to stick with it, the easy answer is to switch to Ubuntu or Mint, something I know a little more about but I'm really liking SUSE and enjoying the journey.....kinda :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.