opensolaris devoloper build

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by lodore, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    I have just tryed the opensolaris 2010 preview devoloper build from http://www.genunix.org/
    it has all the drivers for virtualbox.
    drum roll please... the live cd finaly boots on my hardware!
    it has the driver for my wireless card but cant find a wireless config utiliy.
    it said driver for my marvell. ethernet card was from a third party and of course cannot access the repo because I cannot connect to the internet.
    it detected my creative x-fi sound card but couldnt find driver it tryed to query sun but of course couldnt since i didnt have an internet connection at the time. btw linux wont have creative x-fi until the next kernal 2.6.31 due to creative focusing on MS to much and forgetting everyone else.
    It has the lastest nvidia X driver installed so compiz fusion OOTB
    It doesnt seem to have drivers to access ntfs partitions.
    overall Opensolaris is getting better!
    I will be testing the later builds. the final is meant to be coming out next febuary.

edit: ive found a marvell ethernet driver for solaris on their website. hopfully i can install it from my usb stick or just wait until next build comes out and hopfully a wireless network manager is avaliable.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.