OpenOffice, is it a good/decent office suite?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

As I was reading about through many different Linux website, I found a link to OpenOffice.Org, It also has a Windows version, which, I would like to test, but, want to get some opionions on it, and know if its spyware/adware, As, I dont particularly like using Microsoft Works :doubt:

2. sig

sig Registered Member

It's an offshoot of Sun's payware office suite, but perhaps a step ahead in its development from what I understand. No adware or spyware. Lots of info available on the openoffice.org site. And absolutely free.

Many people use it instead of MS Office and I understand it is compatible for the most part so if you exchange files with others or work on stuff at home but have MS Office in the workplace you can use it to work on MS Word docs, for example. and save them as a Word compatible doc or create a doc that can later can be used in MS Office. That's a major plus for those who need to turn out MS Office compatible docs but don't want to spend the dough for MS Office. Just thought I'd mention that.

It's reputable, open source and certainly worth checking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.