Open up this website IMMEDIATELY. NOW!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Memory, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memory

Memory Guest

I'm a paid up customer at the following website. I need to login to my account NOW!

I was in an email conversation with their support and need to make some changes to my account and then make a purchase.

You're blocking their whole website (main, client, forum, everything) on something as trivial as their favicon.

This ticks me off to no end. On other websites some pages (not all, like above) are also blocked because for instance one of the ads on that particular webpage is blacklisted by NOD32.

What's the problem with just blocking the one item (favicon, ad, or WHY)?
    Why block the whole site because of a favicon?

Take the block off NOW!

SCREENSHOT :

http://i48.tinypic.com/5lwirk.png

EDIT:
    Also on almost every reboot I get a warning that vbc.exe is a Trojan (in memory).
    That's Visual Studio's Visual Basic .NET compiler.
    What else is next?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The website in question still contains an exploit described here and will remain blocked until the owner cleans the malicious content on the website. As for the malware detected in memory, please copy the complete record with the detection from your on-demand scanner log and paste it here. Also create an ESET SysInspector log via the appropriate shortcut in the Start menu, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

3. Memory

Memory Guest

You do not seem to get it. Or are just ignoring the importance.

1) With NOD32 installed, access to the complete website is denied over a stupid favicon.
    2) My income depends for 40%-50% on this software.
    3) I cannot finish what I must do to continue with my work.
    4) I cannot make a purchase which I need to deploy my game.
    5) And you tell me that I have to spend time on providing you information to help you with your virusscanner?

Your link to the vulnerability is complete crap It's from 2009/2010 :
    I visit the Stonetrip site since Q2-2009. Up until the day before yesterday, everything was OK. I could visit all pages on the site.
    And now all of a sudden, this site is not to be trusted?
    You let me visit that site for nearly 3 years, without a warning?

Let me turn this around : NOD32 virus scanner and possibly Eset's favicon is not to be trusted.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order to protect ESET's users, the site will not be unblocked unless it stops serving malicious content.

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

memory - I don't know why you are upset - this site obviously just got hacked and exploited - ESET AV is keeping you safe... when they fix their site, you'll no longer get the block/detections from ESET... the site owners need to fix the site and then you can visit it again...

6. tipo

tipo Registered Member

so disable the antivirus protection and go to the website at your own risk. don`t blame eset for trying to keep you safe...this is their way to keep you safe: blocking the whole website...

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.