Open ports w/ router.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Wraith, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Registered Member

Audit My PC says it can see my "internal IP" which turns out to be my routers IP. Is this normal? A security thing? They claim I need some kind of patch, is that applicable to my situation using a router? Also, GRC says that my port 113 (ident) is closed instead of stealthed whereas PC Flank says either 134 or139 is closed and not stealthed. I'm still running my ZA Pro so is there any security risk w/ the router leaving this port closed instead of stealthed? Lots of questions but thanks for your help.

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

It is a java applet that runs on that page that determines your internal IP. Adjusting browser settings will prevent this, you do not need a patch.

No security risk, closed is secure. You can always check the configuration options for your router to see if you can change this.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

I was going thru the same thiing.
    I used PROXOMITRON to stop such silliness. Kye-u's Browser Security Pack (a config set) merged onto Sidki's Config Pack worked just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.