open email attachment sandboxed

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by jimmywild, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmywild

jimmywild Registered Member

Hello,
    I use Sandoboxie 3.6 and I want to configure Sandboxie in a way that email attachments open always sandboxed, but I do not want to have the mail program itself (The Bat) run sandboxed. The mail attachments are saved in a special folder. I have set Sandboxie in a way that files from this folder should open only sandboxed, but in fact these attachments open outside the sandbox. My question: is there a way to open attachments sandboxed without having the mail program itself running in a sandbox?

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

most of the time forcing a folder to run sandboxed is sufficient... sandboxie makes sure that any executables will run sandboxed.

but if the attachment is an image file (ie. jpg,png etc) or a video file (wmv,avi) it might open unsandboxed if you don't forced the application used to open them (ie. wmplayer.exe) but the Windows Photo Viewer cannot be sandboxed though.

you can install a 3rd party photo viewer and make sure it is the default application to open your images and force that 3rd party photo viewer's processes to run sandboxed :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.