Open DNS connection interrupts

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Arcanez, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

does anyone else experience connection interrupts using Open DNS, it happens randomly while surfing through the web, suddenly I don't have internet connectivity with my web browser. It definitely has to do with Open DNS cause other applications like skype or online games just work properly. I use the Open DNS responder server 3 and 4 cause they were recommended when I used dns service benchmark. So is that a known issue from Open DNS? Does anyone else have the same prob? Are there similar dns services out there that are well known for their speed? I guess Norton DNS main purpose is the good malware filter....But I actually don't need that. My system is safe enough and so I prefer a DNS service that is simply fast...Any recommendations for other services I might want to try out or maybe a solution to the issue with Open DNS?

2. guest

guest Guest

3. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I have found a few glitches with OpenDNS although by and large it was pretty good. I switched to Goggle Public DNS and found it the better one for me.

KOR-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.