oozebo~.exe, MEOW DRIVE.EXE

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by timberwollf, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwollf

timberwollf Guest

Help! these disguise themselves as iexplorer in running processes. I kill it and it comes back. I get warnings of search assistant page changes from spybot s&d every 2 mins, ugly toolbars that I can't get rid of, etc.
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

Feb 16, 2002
    Southern Ont., Canada
    Hi timberwolf,

Those exe files sound like a Lop infection, which may need manual removal since there are usually other files involved with reinstalling them. The toolbars may also be lop-related and may need their uninstaller to remove.

It also sounds like your IE has been hijacked. With all that could be involved, I'd suggest you have someone analyse a hijackthis log since you have already scanned with Spybot Search&Destroy, and still unable to get your system clean.

As we no longer provide hijackthis log review here at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Whichever site you choose, please remember to read and follow their posting procedures before you post a HijackThis log.

Let us know how you do.

Note - once I'm sure you've seen my reply, I'll move this thread to Privacy Problems as the problem is more related to a hijack rather than SpywareBlaster
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.