oozebo~.exe, MEOW DRIVE.EXE

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by timberwollf, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberwollf

timberwollf Guest

Help! these disguise themselves as iexplorer in running processes. I kill it and it comes back. I get warnings of search assistant page changes from spybot s&d every 2 mins, ugly toolbars that I can't get rid of, etc.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi timberwolf,

Those exe files sound like a Lop infection, which may need manual removal since there are usually other files involved with reinstalling them. The toolbars may also be lop-related and may need their uninstaller to remove.

It also sounds like your IE has been hijacked. With all that could be involved, I'd suggest you have someone analyse a hijackthis log since you have already scanned with Spybot Search&Destroy, and still unable to get your system clean.

As we no longer provide hijackthis log review here at Wilders, you can find a list of sites that still do perform this type of log analysis and system cleaning in this link: http://a-sap.org/

Whichever site you choose, please remember to read and follow their posting procedures before you post a HijackThis log.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

snap

Note - once I'm sure you've seen my reply, I'll move this thread to Privacy Problems as the problem is more related to a hijack rather than SpywareBlaster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.