OopsBackup: Another Time Machine Backup System

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by apathy, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I've been looking for a software for years like Time Machine for Mac.
    Genie Timeline is excruciatingly slow, the Acronis Continuous Backup is a hog and doesn't restore properly. Oops Backup is a horrible name for the software but it is relatively fast and has a good interface. It doesn't hog resources and the interface is simple and very functional.

These are the main features:

Silent File Versioning: Oops!Backup™ works silently in the background tracking the changes you make to MS Office documents, photos and other files. When changes are detected it automatically backs them up and versions them for you. You can then access your old versions whenever you want using the easy to use BackInTime™ browser.

Reverse Delta: With ReverseDelta™ incremental technology, Oops!Backup™ will only back up the changes you make to a file – without needing to back up the whole file again every time you make a change. Our innovative ReverseDelta™ ensures that the latest version of a file is always available in its entirety and not as a delta file.

Plug and Protect: Plug & Protect detects when you connect the external drive to your computer and automatically backs up your files to your external drive without you needing to take any action. A bonus for people on the move.

Here's some info on the software:

Oops!Backup is no ordinary backup product: Thanks to its unique BackInTime™ technology Oops!Backup allows you to travel back in time to recover different versions of your important documents, photos or any other files. Oops!Backup is a hybrid backup and version control.

Unlike traditional backup products on the market today which simply permit you to recover a file, Oops!Backup enables you not only to recover that file – but it also offers the added benefit of allowing you to recover all past versions of that file!

Once you install and configure Oops!Backup, it runs in the background tracking the documents, photos and other files you are working with; when it detects any new versions of those files or changes within existing files, it will save a copy of those changes for you automatically, allowing you to reverse those changes back to any point in time!

Ease of use is a priority for Altaro. With Oops!Backup backing up and recovering deleted and old files is a breeze using its unique BackInTime technology.

2. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I have tried it too and find it great. I like the fact that the last version of "backuped" files sit in the target dir, and can be recovered without the app.

3. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I like this app, it doesn't bother you much at all and works great. It even has a stats page to tell you what exactly was backed up and at what times. The company emailed me a coupon so I could buy it for like $17 bux.. sold!

4. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Are you still using Oops are have you gone to something better?
    How does Oops compare to Backup4all?
    Does Oops support ZIP64?
    Will Oops work with Esata? According to their site it's only set up to work with USB.
    Thanks.
    Hugger

5. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I'm still using it and it does its job well without annoying me. Most of the time I don't even know the backups are happening except for the icon.

I've never use that application

Oops has their own system of archiving as well as putting your latest file system updates in a folder on its own. I use oops with my other hard drive and not usb or esata but if the drive is available then it should work. Try it out.

6. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Thanks for the help.
    I just installed for a trial.
    Hugger

7. dfine1966

dfine1966 Registered Member

I been using Oops! Backup for a few days and so far works great. I purchased a few months ago Genie Timeline, what a mistake. The Genie Timeline software caused lockups and other problems to long to go into. Oops! Backup has been a breath of fresh air. It reminds me a lot like my wife Time Machine for her Apple. Set it and forget about it. I like that Oops! allow you to set how often the files get backed up. The first backup does take a while, but after that it is smooth sailing. They also give you free updates for a year, even a major update.

My suggestion to anybody that wants a backup program that is easy, use this program. Remember, this is not a complete backup of your operating system, this is just like Apple's Time Machine, but for Window's.

8. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

I also evaluated both. Genie Timeline made my PC crawl. And Oops Backup has the immense advantage to keep a copy of the latest version of saved files that can be accessible without the software.

9. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I tried Genie Timeline and when i need to restore some files badly all I got were parts of a folder. Oops! Backup has been rock solid for me and also if you kept you backup on another drive or external you can format your pc, reinstall and go right back to the same setup you had before. Oops is going into a new beta for the 2.2 version and even more features are going to be released.

Between Oops backup and Image For Windows I'm covered on all sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.