Oops, On-board Mobo Raid0 Controller Causes Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by diverlee, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diverlee

diverlee Registered Member

Oops, I did it again.

Couldn't create or make a workable ATI boot disk, let alone boot from it, until I disabled the on-mo-board Fastrack Raid controller. Everything hung until that disable. No problems since. I even verified the backup.

Just don't fully re-boot until you re-activate the Bios driven Raid controller and the fasttrack controller, otherwise you may potentially lose data. Hope this helps. D.L.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

You might want to try Bartpe and add your Raid drivers to the bartpe disk. My Laptop uses a flavor of that raid and works fine this way.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello diverlee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build of the appropriate version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to help us investigate the issue thoroughly.

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also provide us with the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and hard drives you use.

Then contact Acronis Support Team and report that the standalone version doesn't recognize your RAID array. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Also you could try using a special plug-in for the BartPE instead of the standalone version. This plug-in allows you to use Windows drivers for the RAID array when running Acronis True Image from BartPE bootable CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.