Ooops! Backdoor CyberSpy 13

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by root, Sep 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Found a little surprise on my computer tonight while doing some housecleaning. Backdoor.Cyberspy.13.
    I found the program on the net and saw that it makes a couple of registry entries, and I don't have them. None of my AVs could cure it, so I moved the zip to my library and deleted the exe. Don't have a clue how it got unzipped. I don't drink. :eek:
    Anybody know of anything else I should look for? o_O

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Some general information I found on it:

Backdoor.CyberSpy.13(b)

Backdoor.CyberSpy.13(a)

The only difference I can find in this "a" version is the following (rather scary) information:
    Also, the trojan is made in Visual Basic...

I will not post the links to the information that I found because the site also (unfortunately) distributes the trojan :rolleyes:.

Hope this helps.

-Javacool

3. root

root Registered Member

Thanks javacool. Dosen't look like I suffered any harm from this turkey. What is bugging me is how it got there and got unzipped. It seems like the only explanation is that I downloaded it and unzipped myself, and then forgot, but......... when I download those critters for my library, I never unzip them. o_O o_O
    Well, nothing you can do about that, unless you are a brain surgeon in your spare time. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.