Only option is Leave

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Bob Coleman, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Coleman

Bob Coleman Registered Member

I'm running the trial version. I have "Prompt for actioin" set everywhere. When running a manual scan, the only selectable action for several supposed threats is "Leave". Why would that be?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, welcome to Wilders.

Leave is the only option when the infection is in Memory and a reboot is required, or the file is located with Outlook Express and by design removal of the file automatically after it reaches Outlook Express would cause the entire folder to be removed, in such a case manual deletion is required. These are just a couple of examples of why "leave" is the only option available.

Cheers :D

3. Bob Coleman

Actually, one of mine is an exe and one is a zip file.

I'm not sure I want them deleted, but I don't see why it would be impossible or illogical to do so.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The default settings do not allow for such deletions.

Cheers :D

5. GWA

GWA Registered Member

Blackspear, I'm not sure that I undersood your response. Could you explain why the default settings of NOD32 would not allow for deletion of an .exe or zip file, or were you saying only certain .exe or zip files could not be deleted? Thanks.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Archives cannot be automatically deleted for safety reasons as they might contain also clean files that you might want to retain.

7. Bob Coleman

Just for the sake of collecting knowledge, are there any non-default settings that do allow for deletions?

8. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

For archives you can set it to delete automatically, but remember to tick "copy to quarantine" if it should contain any important data. That way you'll always have a backup copy if an archive gets deleted.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.