Only Dr.Web cures the latest BackDoor.Tdss.565

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pjb024, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Only Dr.Web cures the latest BackDoor.Tdss.565

November 11, 2009

The Russian anti-virus vendor Doctor Web warns Internet users of the new malignant modification of a backdoor belonging to the Tdss family. According to Doctor Web by 9.30 GMT no anti-virus has been capable of detecting the malicious program if it is already running. However, the beta-version of Dr.Web scanner detects and neutralizes BackDoor.Tdss.565.

You can find the description of BackDoor.Tdss.565 in the “All about viruses” section of Doctor Web’s site. This malicious program is a sophisticated piece of malware that takes advantage of rootkit technologies and is even more difficult to cure than the notorious Rustock.C. A detailed review of BackDoor.Tdss.565 will be published on Doctor Web's site shortly. Follow the news updates!

November 12, 2009

Doctor Web released an updated Dr.Web GUI scanner to detect and remove new modification of BackDoor.Tdss.565. Dr.Web Security Space, Dr.Web 5.0 anti-virus for Windows, Dr.Web Enterprise Suite, Dr.Web for Windows file servers, Dr.Web CureIt!, Dr.Web CureNet!, as well as the software of Dr.Web anti-virus as a service delivered to customers by service providers as a value-added security service have been updated.

The updated Dr.Web GUI Scanner allows to detect and successfully delete the new sophisticated threat - BackDoor.Tdss.565.

BackDoor.Tdss.565 is a new modification of the backdoor program which enables cyber criminals to get full control over infected machines. What makes BackDoor.Tdss.565 unique is the rootkit technology which is used to conceal its presence in a victimized system. The only anti-virus which helps get rid of this very dangerous Troj is Dr.Web.

For users of Dr.Web Security Space, Dr.Web anti-virus v.5.0 for Windows, Dr.Web Enterprise Suite, Dr.Web anti-virus for Windows file servers, Dr.Web CureNet!, as well as subscribers of Dr.Web anti-virus as a service updating will be done automatically. Dr.Web CureIt! utility should be downloaded anew.

2. inka

inka Registered Member

reads like a press release

pjb024, if you're not the author, you should cite your source
    (and preferably include a link to the source)

3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Ok that's not a problem. I posted the information as it could be important to some Wilders members who may be unfortunate enough to be infected with this trojan.

I didn't post the direct link because I edited slightly to make it more readable. Specifically I took out a link to a description of the trojan as the link takes you to a description in Russian. Maybe someone here can read Russian but I expect many, like me, can't.:doubt:

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

6. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

What a pity that the other companies don't come here to tell that their product solves it too... Emsisoft, come on! I now use your Anti-malware and I hope I am protected :)

7. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

dont worry, u definetely are :D im using it myself atm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.