[Online service?] Resolve domains to IPs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello folks,

I've been looking for (trustworthy) on-line services that allow to upload lists of domains to check whether they resolve or not, but so far nothing.

I know that there are tools that allow to do just that, but I'm looking for online services, though.

Do you know of any?

Thanks

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Dunno about handling lists (don't think they can), but my personal favorite among Whois-type online services is DNS Stuff, originally recommended to me by my ISP's great support crew.

3. m00nbl00d

Thank you for your feedback.

I actually came across that site in my searches, but, as well say, it only allow 1 domain at a time.

But, I've already found one, and actually a place I always visit to check on news, etc., related to security. I'm so dumb! I've never notice they offer the chance to upload URL lists. ;)

Thanks

4. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

If you can accept a windows program, there is domain resolver at http://www.delphifreeware.com, in the network category, which translate a list of domain names into the ip addresses and can additionally retrieve the location of the ip address (country, city).

5. m00nbl00d

Thanks...

The service I talked about that allowed me to do it, well, it does, but it has a limitation of 100 domains per file, and it doesn't show the respective IPs side by side. Its needed to click the domain and see the IP. I guess nothing is that perfect.

I'm aware that there are software applications that do it. I've been using hpObserver, which does the job very well, and more advanced that the one you mention. But, I'm looking for on-line services, so that I can keep tracking the lists I have when not at home, and so that I don't have to install applications on other systems that I do not own.

Anyway, I do appreciate your feedback.

At the meantime, I'll keep looking for alternatives to the service I know.

Thank you.

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

WhoisThisDomain is a small, portable app which might do what you are looking for.

7. m00nbl00d

It seems very interesting. I like the option that allows us to check domains with multiple extensions. Very neat!

And, it seems that sometimes I'm quite blind... hpObserver also is provided as a portable application, and I've always missed it!!!!!

But, I will be looking more into the application you suggested. Its very interesting.

Thank you.

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

You can use dig from the command line ...
    If that is what you're looking for?
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.