Online scanner suggestions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pykko, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I have 2 suggestions for your online scanner:

1. The option to select what folder(s) to scan, because scanning the whole computer is not always required and additionally one with 250 GB of files won't wait that long, he will more likely want to scan only his Windows folder or only his Windows partition.

2. Some options for what file types to scan.

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

If user wants those options they can pay.

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

I don't see this option. Where is it ?

4. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello,

he thinks full NOD32 Antivirus solution.

Regards

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Anyone using trial or paind version can change the program's options so that it scans not all kind of files but only those with certain extensions . In addition there is a default set of extensions but they can also be changed as per user wish.

One can easily right click a folder and scan it with a fully installed product . Moreover , a specific profile could be created to scan only certaint folder.

I think PaulB means that the online scanner is ok in its current format . It has been made for users of other products who would like to scan their machines and understand if they are infected or not (according to ESET) . They , they could buy the full version . It is a utility to make money . The online scanner doesn't have extras so that it can be used by users of other AVs/virus collectors/hackers/testers (for example). It is simply for plain users , I think.

6. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

Scanning certain folder is a usual option of online scanners. Therefore, for many it does not really associate with "feature" you should pay for. Difference between paid version and online free scanner is usually it's inability to clean.

But, if paid version has so limited UI as NOD32 (cannot scan first and clean from the list, cannot easily add "probable infections" to exclusion list etc.), I can understand that Eset wants to cripple online scanner even more.
    Result is also simple - after trying once, many will use something else next time.

7. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, I hope one ESET Mod will answer here.
    All other online scanners have some basic options like:
    selecting which folder\driver to scan
    selecting what file types to scan.

Maybe they'll be added to ESET online scan also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.