Online Privacy: Maybe Not So Unreasonable, After All

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Sep 7, 2014.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Knowledge about privacy protection needs to go mainstream. And we need phones and tablets that are at least securable. Better yet would be baked-in security. I'm somewhat hopeful that ongoing revelations about the NSA, China etc, and more device and cloud exploits, will keep the issues hot enough to build demand for them.

3. Countryboy15

Countryboy15 Registered Member

I just hope that we don't end up just getting used to it. I also am keeping positive that maybe Google in particular will realize that changing the course can't happen if they talk about going in one direction but always drive backward. Our phones and tablets can be secured I think, but you can't keep kicking applications that can secure them out of the software stores. No one likes someone making up the rules and exempting themselves from those rules. Google and the rest of those deep pocket boys have a lot of clout I believe. So if we can get all of them to swing our way, we might just be able to tone down a lot of this NSA business.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.