Online game security question

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by SnapperOne, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnapperOne

SnapperOne Guest

I have, in a limited way, joined the ranks of on-line gaming.......playing a game called "Tank Mania", While the game does not require actively downloading the game onto my hard drive or first buying the game at retail.....say like Half Life, I have begun to wonder what type of security issues I am leaving myself open for by going on-line to play the game.

Except for "Run ActiveX Controls & Plugins", all ActiveX controls are disabled in IE, and I always have SpySweeper, SpyBot, ZoneAlarm and Norton's AV in an active state while on-line.

In short, what is the level of risk I am exposing my system to are there other and/or additional filters I can use to better protect my system?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey there, and welcome to Wilders!

I do not think you are likely exposing your system to much danger at all, since you have a good firewall and Av watching over your shoulder. Do be sure to keep them up-to-date. I am an avid online gamer myself and have had no trouble with any of it, including hosting directplay games etc. In short, sounds like you are doing fine to me, although an Anti Trojan would certainly not hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.