Online Game Rule Creation Thread

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by whitedragon551, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

It seems people are having an issue with getting online multiplayer games to function properly with LnS. So I have created this thread to help those users out.

First thing is first. You must have the proper plugins for these rules to work. You can start by downloading the Raw Rules Edition Plugin for your system depending on if its an x86 or x64 operating system. The link gives instructions on how to put the plugins in the proper folder.

http://www.looknstop.com/En/plugin.htm

The second plugin you will need is here. Its the Multi Port Banlist.

http://www.mntolympus.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5819

Again you can follow the first link to properly install the Plugins. Its a bit confusing on enabling the plugins so I have created a screenshot for you (CheckPlugins.png Attached). You have to open the LnS interface and click the Options Tab > Advanced Options button in the bottom left > Plugins button in the bottom middle > and then check the plugins that we just installed (Multi Port Ban List and Raw Rules Edition Plugin).

To verify the plugins are enabled click the Internet Filtering tab. On the left are the Add and Edit buttons for rule creation. There should be an arrow to the right of those buttons. Click that arrow and if the plugins are enabled they will be listed as Raw Edition and Multi-Port Banlist. If they are not there go back and reread to get them enabled.

Now that thats out of the way we need to cover how to import/export rules for these games. For this you must open the LnS interface and go to the Internet Filtering tab. The bottom two buttons on the right are the two we will be using (InternetFilteringImportExport.png). To import the rules just click import and browse to the location the rule was saved.

Lastly in order for Phant0m and I to get started with these rules we need to know a few things:

1. What game (please include a link to the port list or game manual, game manual would be best in PDF)
    2. How will it be played (steam, installed from CD, etc.)

Please remember this will take some time to get the rule sets created for each game. As Phant0m and I dont have all of these games some rules may not work right out of the box. We may need log files. Rulesets for each game will be done in the order they are requested.

The files will be hosted here at Phat0ms website: Mt.Olympus under Importable Games and Applications Rules.

http://www.mntolympus.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=40

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. whitedragon551

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Thanks! As soon as I get back from vacation I will begin to provide information about games (I have over 250 of them on Steam).

4. whitedragon551

If you can let us know we can get started creating the rules.

5. noons

noons Registered Member

TF2 Counterstrike and other games that use the HL2 Server browser require UDP LOCAL IN port range to be open. They also require ports 2710-2720 I find to be open.

An extra tip for punkbuster issues is to download punkbuster setup from their website, add your installed games and run an update. This will stop the constant sig changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.