Online customblocking.txt for SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ski123, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ski123

ski123 Registered Member

Hello ;)

Does anyone else use this online customblocking.txt with their SpywareBlaster (SWB) installation?
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/pattaya1/customblocking.txt

On the average, it's updated every 5 to 7 days.

I have used it with SWB 3.2 and now with SWB 3.3 with no ill effects. When the update occurs:
    1) Run SWB and remove all protection the current customblocking.txt is providing.
    2) Close SWB.
    3) Open the customblocking.txt that is located in the SpywareBlaster folder.
    4) Copy the updated online data and paste it into customblocking.txt file. Save and close.
    5) Re-open SWB. Go to Custom Blocking under 'Tools'.
    6) Scan the list for any entries that are already enabled. (Enabled entries will be black in color with a check mark). Remove those already checked. When all the entries are red in color with no check marks, check all entries and enable the protection.
    7) All done. Close SWB.

Regards,
    ski123

2. Beefcarver

Beefcarver Registered Member

Looks like alot to do that scares me. Ill just leave mine alone. Thanks anyway.

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hello Ski,

I'll assume that the koti.mbnet, works with SB ver 3.4?

Regarding my current "customblocking.txt" file.

Do you just copy the entries, sans the lines with header, date, & list number? My list says #7.

Do you "Paste" it to the bottom of the new list? Kinda dumb question, however it elminates, the question (is it position sensitive).

Also my current "customblocking.txt" has entries, I did not make! Does Spybot or other progs. enter lines to customblocking.txt?

Thanks
    rico

4. Peeved McAfee User

Peeved McAfee User Registered Member

Rico:

This site may answer most of your questions:
    http://customblockinglist.cjb.net/

Spybot does not create or use a customblocking list for SpywareBlaster. The only way that I know of to get one is to download one or manually create it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.