Online Armour Questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Albinoni, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

1. I'm currently using the Beta version of Online Armour for Vista. This is version 3.0.0.162. Now this will expire in approx 7 days and after that I need to enter a new key, but as this is only a Beta version how can I obtain the new key and do I have to pay for it, plus when will this version officially be released and will it be a paid version once its released.

2. Is it possible to set Online Armour into silent mode. Eg sometimes when on my laptop this baloon messages keep popping up near the clock giving messages from Online Armour and saying eg what has been blocked etc and what has been allowed it, no big deal but just wondering.

Thanks

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

advise: go to the Forum, make an account and repeat your questions

Gerard

4. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

Ok thanks, but I thought as since this prog is still in its beta stages you cannot be charged for it.

5. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

You're not being charged for it, it's a beta version so it's your choice to try it out. I believe you can ask for another beta key on the OA forums.
    Personally the early Vista beta versions ran so good I bought a 2-yr license :)

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

If you are participating in beta testing and providing feedback, we never have any problems giving extra or extended keys.

We are working towards our release - there will be a free and paid version at release time.

You may turn off notifications in the OA GUI by notifiy when programs are auto trusted option..

http://www.tallemu.com/webhelp/FirewallOptions.htm

7. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Hi albinoni, For the ballons message under option, untick notify me of trusted that should do it.all thanks to peter in the other OA Beta Thread (Edit) Mike beat me two it.

8. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

yea I have run into this policy & I tried an early version of OA for vista which had some issues and I uninstalled. A mth later & still in beta I tried it again BUT it won't turn on because it's beyond 30days. Trust me I'll buy it if it works but I'm not dropping 40 bucks to 'try' a program, that's uncalled for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.