Online Armor webguard alert on Secunia

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tepe2, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Attached Files:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Re: OA webguard alert on Secunia

Assuming you were on Secunia, I just allow it and move on. I don't remember getting that, but then I was going thru Sandboxie.

Pete

3. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Well, if you were letting the online Secunia inspector run, then yes, ignore it. If you intend running such an inspection again, you may wish to tick the "remember this" box.

4. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I clicked my Secunia bookmark and the alert popped up. I allowed without "remember my decision" and then the page loaded. I clicked the Secunia start button and the same alert popped up. This did not happen the last time I used Secunia. I did outside Sandboxie. Both times as far as I can remember. (I downloaded SB 3.28 today but it will not start, so I wrote in their forum)

I ignore the alert, BING will save me if something goes wrong :)

Thanks for your replies

Edit: I hope other OA users can visit Secunia (outside a sandbox) and tell us

5. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I did run the Secunia scan. I went from there to update java. I got a new alert from OA about active x. I allowed. Clicked a link and another alert from OA about dangerous object applet. I allowed again. But Firefox crashed after a few seconds.

Tried all over again. Same thing happened.

Within the last two days:

1. Firefox 2 start to crash on one or two of my daily visited webpages. This is new to me. I believe happened both inside and outside Sandboxie.

2. Upgrade to Firefox 3. No more crash. (also faster). But now another issue. Something with bookmarks changes inside SB is not saved outside. I have SB setup so bookmarks should be saved. Did work with FF2. (I have Firefox and Thunderbird profiles moved to another partition than the programs). I checked the default profile location after upgrade and there were a profile, empty more or less, I deleted it. I now could have checked if the bookmark issue were solved, but did not get that fare because...........

3. .........I upgraded Sandboxie from 3.26 to 3.28. Latest version does not start. I have posted in SB forum, waiting for replies.

3. And then what you already know. OA alerts and FF3 crash.

Maybe I should have waited a few weeks before upgrading FF and SB. Maybe I should scan my computer for malware. Maybe I should restore an image to get back to were things worked. Maybe switch SB with DefenceWall.

SB does not only fail to start FF. Also other:

http://sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3630

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Inside the sandbox you may or may not get an alert. I don't really pay much attention as Sandboxie protects me. I run the software outside of sandboxie, and I've trusted it so no alerts.

Pete

7. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Scan with SAS show nothing
    Safemode scan with Avira show nothing
    as expected.

Must be conflict somewhere. I wait and see and then restore an image or reinstall FF and/or SBIE, because I really want to keep Avira, OA and Sandboxie.

8. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I don't really see the problem, here. OA (The HIPS component) is warning you about an unknown app attempting to run. You, however, know the app, want it to run, can safely ignore it.
    Unless you are used to blacklist type scanners, and think that this thing is being flagged as malware?
    It isn't; it's just alerting you to a potentially unwanted application, as it should.

9. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Tarq57, yes I know and agree. I dont worry about the OA alert anymore.

Here I was talking about the Firefox crash etc... not the OA alert.

Oh and I know now why SBIE did not start. That problem was resolved in the SBIE forum. For those who are interested I had to delete these from SBIE ini-file:

ClosedKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
    ClosedKeyPath=HKEY_USERS
    ClosedKeyPath=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    ClosedKeyPath=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    ClosedKeyPath=HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.