Online Armor Web Shield & Sandboxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by IceCube1010, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone know if OA Web Shield and SBIE work together. I am currently running the latest versions of both and have no issues but saw a post stating they did not work together.

Any info would be appreciated,
    Ice

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Some of OA's web shield don't work when running under Sandboxie, but it doesn't really matter as Sandboxie is providing the protection.

For example with sandboxie, OA doesn't block Active X, but I don't worry about it because any Active X stuff is run sandboxed, and deleted when I close the browser.

Pete

3. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Hi,

Are you using the latest Sandboxie 3.38 (By the way, I am not using Online Armor)?

Not sure whether this new feature helps?

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      39 KB
      Views:
  4. IceCube1010

thanks for the reply's. That makes sense about ActiveX or any other thing trying to run in a sandbox. It will be deleted on exit. Sandboxie warned me about OA and asked me to add it to the compatibility list. So they are both running fine as far as I can tell.

Ice

5. IceCube1010

Actually, I like emptying the sandbox at the end of the day. The extra seconds that the browser needs to re-establish cookies etc.. is not an issue. I just thought I was losing some security using the two but I have been enlightened. :D

Ice

6. Tony

Tony Registered Member

There is now an option in sandboxie to allow direct access to firefox cookies, bookmarks/history database, you can even allow access to your profiles folder if you wish.

I like these firefox cookies option as firefox is set to keep only the cookies that i have allowed from websites i trust.

7. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

Yo man , take a look at smith2006 picture , in the bottom , where application==> browser
    there u can set FF or other browser so u can direct access its resource/profile

cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.