Online Armor v7 released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by andrewf, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewf

andrewf Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

We've just released Online Armor v7.

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2013/10/15/emsisoft-online-armor-7-0-0-1866-released/

Improvements:

• Full Windows 8.1 support.
    • Asynchronous connection handling. This way existing connections will no longer be blocked by pending firewall alerts.
    • Improved processing of digital signatures that use special hash and time stamp algorithms.
    • Improved banking mode. Now all domains that are trusted are visible to the user to avoid confusion about implicitly trusted pages as well as white-listed pages.
    • Improved rule processing for better performance.
    • Improved compatibility with both Chrome-based browsers as well as Sandboxie, VoodooShield, and several other security applications.
    • Improved updates. Online Armor now uses the same content delivery network that is used by Emsisoft Anti-Malware to provide the best download speeds for all our users.
    • Obsolete Online Armor++ components have been removed, reducing the download size by about 60%.
    • More than 300 bug fixes overall. Between them various possible blue screens on Windows 7 and 8 systems.

Languages:

Emsisoft Online Armor includes language packs for English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Polish and Russian.​

Compatibility:

Emsisoft Online Armor 7 runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 with full x64 support from Windows 7 onwards. The latest service packs are required.
    Download:

All customers who own a valid Emsisoft Online Armor licence will receive the new version as usual at no cost through online updates. If you are new to Emsisoft, you can test Emsisoft Online Armor for 30 days at no cost and without any obligations. You may download the latest installation file from the Emsisoft Online Armor product page right away.​

Purchase:

The price for the initial year is US$ 39.95 with discounts for multi-year and multi-seat packages. Emsisoft Online Armor is also included in the Emsisoft Internet Security Pack which adds Emsisoft Anti-Malware for advanced overall protection.​

Renewal:

Consecutive years are available at 25% off with an extra 5% discount for each additional year as a loyalty bonus. See the license renewal page for details.
    Emsisoft malware removal guarantee:

Specially trained malware removal experts will help you clean your system. The service is free of charge, even if you don’t use any Emsisoft product. Malware removal help is available in the Emsisoft Support Forums.

Andrey Fedorinin [Development]
    Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Good to hear version 7 has been released :thumb:.

Anyone care to elaborate on what was removed?

Also, are there any known issues with the release?

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I have OA 6 Free. Can I just load OA 7 Free over it? Or do I have to do a clean install?

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Personally I would do a clean install. Sounds like this newest version cleans some clutter.

5. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Installed and running smooth as always.
    Thanks Emsisoft :thumb:

6. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

All files that were required for AV integration into Online Armor as part of Online Armor ++ like the scan engine as well as the signature update module. Online Armor ++ has been discontinued in 2011 and the grace period for signature updates ended last December. There is no point in providing Online Armor ++ specific files in the setup any longer, so we removed all of them.

At this point, no. There is however a problem with the Windows 8.1 RTM version that will prevent sleep mode from working properly whenever a 5.x NDIS driver is installed in the system, which is the case for Online Armor and several other products out there. The problem has been fixed by Microsoft in the General Availability Rollup A patch that is expected to be released at the same time as Windows 8.1 will be available for everyone officially as well. If you don't run Windows 8.1, this won't affect you. If you are running Windows 8.1 already, make sure to install the rollup patch provided by Microsoft.

If you don't mind Online Armor keeping a few files around it no longer needs (10 - 15 MB), then you are fine doing a normal upgrade install or update using the integrated online update. If you prefer Online Armor to take as little hard disk space as possible on your system, you will be better off doing a clean install.

7. innerpeace

Thanks Fabian. I thought I read somewhere that OA was removing other components.

I'm also in no hurry to use Windows 8.1 and I don't enable sleep so I'm good to go. I think I'll take her for a spin :D.

8. anon

anon Registered Member

http://www.softwarecrew.com/2013/10/emsisoft-online-armor-7-0-released/

9. innerpeace

Uninstall of version 6 and install of version 7 free went well. OA 7 only detected one unknown autorun which was nice. It doesn't nag me when checking PC Setting and the various control panel settings which version 6 did. I did a browser speed test (speed-battle dot com) and it seems unaffected. So far so good :cool:.

10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Whats the future for the free firewall?
    Will it still be available as a stand alone product alongside the paid product or will it be slowly integrated into the paid product altogether?

11. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

The free version is a subset of the paid version. So I am not exactly sure what exactly you mean when you ask about integrating it. In general the freemium model used by both Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor has served us quite well and I don't see a reason why this would change in the foreseeable future.

12. The Red Moon

Sorry fabian.
    I mean will the free firewall always be available as i consider online armor one of the best firewalls.

Thanks.

13. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

That would be the stuff in the a2 folder, no doubt. Can it be deleted after the update? (BTW - it's more like 21.2 MB, the Ikarus T3.dll alone is 14,656 KB.)

How about the Vista folder? Keep it or is delete OK? All it contains is what seems to be the same OAnet.sys as in the program's root folder.

Not that it's a big deal; more out of curiosity than an interest in saving space on a 1 TB drive. :)

Thanks!

14. JuniorTavares

JuniorTavares Registered Member

Where can I get this patch for windows 8.1?

Hibernation mode no longer works on my PC after install Online Armor 7. :blink:

15. ginzon

ginzon Registered Member

Will my Tall Emu license for Online Armor still work on this version?

16. ginzon

ginzon Registered Member

Also where is the login site of Tall Emu customer now? My licenses are in there, if they are still valid of course...

17. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

I already answered that question. The freemium model (providing both a paid as well as a free version, where the paid version has extended features) has served us well, so there is no reason to change it.

I suggest not to. If you want it gone, make a clean install. Deleting any of those files on your own may have unexpected side effects. Same with the Vista folder. If you delete it, Online Armor will likely just download it again.

I don't think it is public yet. There are only leaks. But 8.1 isn't public yet either, so you may know where to find the update. The patch numbers are KB2894179, KB2883200, and KB2894029.

That depends. If you used your Tall Emu license in Online Armor 5.5 or later, then yes. It will still work, as it was converted to the new licensing system we introduced almost 2 years ago. We put all old Tall Emu systems offline a few weeks ago and deleted the old customer data, so conversion is no longer possible.

The Tall Emu license center has been obsolete since 5.5 and was disabled over a year ago.

18. The Red Moon

Just out of interest,what has happened to tall emu and its owner mike nash?

19. gery

gery Registered Member

he moved to another company i guess

20. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Mike Nash is still with Tall Emu as CEO.

21. The Red Moon

Okay thank you for the information.

22. guest

guest Guest

After upgraded to 7 final, the domain blocking doesn't work. I still can access the blocked domains. I'm still on Windows 8. Any info about this issue?

23. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Works fine in XP.

24. guest

guest Guest

Well, nearly everything works in XP. =V

But seriously, why do I have to trade off and choose between compatibility and security? Why can't I have both?

25. ginzon

ginzon Registered Member

Hey I didn't use them but I kept it for further use... So you are telling me that Emsisoft deleted all my licenses for being in my user login but not being activated? .. If so then that sucks... :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.