Online Armor Question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Writer2008, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Writer2008

Writer2008 Infrequent Poster

i have used a couple of free firewalls and now have ZoneAlarm Anti-spyware, but i lose my wireless connection sometimes and it made me want to try a different firewall. i did a google search and Online Armor seems to be rated very well. Is this a good replacement for ZoneAlarm and is the paid version much better than the free one? It says it's easy to use, but ZoneAlarm was very easy. I use Avast for my antivirus on Windows XP. From what I have read in the Online Armor forum there seems to be some problems but not many. I have read through this forum and see many posts on Online Armor which helped too.

2. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

I think this is a good replacement. Paid version is much better, or to be fair much more flexible. Free version is pretty secure, but setup options are poor.
    As for me OA is very easy to use and very quiet for its security level. But it is hardly that anybody could guarantee it will run flawlessly on your h/w, s/w set. I'd say "it is worth a try".

3. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

I have to agree with alex s.
    Definitely a good replacement and well worth trying.

Here is the comparison list between the paid and free:

http://www.tallemu.com/comparisons.html

Hope it works as well for you as it does for me. :D

I see this is your 4th post.
    Welcome to Wilders!!

4. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hi Writer2008:

It is possible the loss of your wireless connection is unrelated to any firewall.

In my view, ratings are only a guideline to selecting a set of products to trial on your machine. Best to trial ZA or CFW or OA on YOUR setup then select which one to use. Free? Well you get what you pay for right?

Some user have complained that ZA Free and other freebie SW tend to have adware imbedded in them. I don't know that first hand because I get the paid versions of SW on trial first then either discard them or purchase.

In the case of OA Free versus the paid versions another poster here has given you the link to the comparison chart. For me the differences are significant like only 2 of the 3 keylogger detections. But if you think/know your AV can pick those up then that may not matter to you as much.

A test drive is you best route.

Hope this helps.

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Have you posted on their forum for helpo_O That would be the first thing to do. You have a pay-for product so you might as well get your $$$ worth...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.