Online Armor or Prosecurity

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Sxperm, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

:D I'm interested about HIPS program and I'm considering 2 programs - OA and PS. Which one is better for me? Which one is lighter on resources? Here is my current security set up

- KAS 6
    - ZA Pro 7
    - PrevX 2 **Looking for replacement PrevX

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

OA AV+ will almost supplant KAV + ZAP

3. smf

smf Registered Member

Online Armor seems to have very active development and is getting better all the time, but I think Prosecurity, like System Safety Monitor... are more sophisticated and powerful programs from a HIPs perspective. If you want to see what I mean, download a program like "PC Security Test" or many other programs such as those used at Firewall Leak Tester or Matousec. Then try testing against Prosecurity. With Prosecurity, I guarantee that you can stop just about anything with the proper tweaking. Online Armor is more friendly, but less flexible. Prosecurity is definitely for the more advanced user.

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

I am trialing them both on my other computers. If you lke configurability, then PS is first-rate. However, I would say both, based on recent leaktests, will protect your machine with Fort Knox-like security - as long as you know what you are doing.

Both are comparibly light on resources.

Which is better for you? Try them both for a few days and determine that for yourself. Only you can ultimately answer your question.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am currently running OA latest beta build, Prosecurity latest released build and latest version of Sandboxie. That's it. It is quite light on the system. Dropped my AV as it was the system slow down program.

6. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Fallowing Peter road :D , I just started to test Online Armor FW + Pro Security combination. It is running smooth here as well. I removed KIS from the lineup and only running OA with Firewall + Pro Security. Online Armor is beta 205 built and ProSec is 1.30 final, haven't tried ProSec 1.40 beta2 yet.

No Anit-Virus is where FD-ISR, RollbackRX, or Acronis come in.

dja2k

7. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

Thanks everyone, I would try both of them and give my feedbacks here which I choose. :D Sorry for posted my thread in wrong category. :p

8. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

I curious about this set up. Is it good to use these combination without antivirus software? I know OA and PS combination may be good but both of them are not anti virus software, or I misunderstood something? :rolleyes:

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No you are not, and I wouldn't recommend what I do for everyone. But for me it works. Sandboxie pretty well traps anything any of my browsers do in the sandbox and are deleted when I am done. Also very careful with email, and if there is an attachment, I generally don't open it without first going back and getting with Webmail. That way I am sandboxed, and take a peek.

Finally if I really really suspect something, and still want to look, i will possibly image, and update FDISR archives, and then look while in a VM machine, which also has the same protection.

Doing all this I feel comfortable with the lightness of no AV, but again, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for others.

Pete

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    Isn't it time consuming to go through that process all the time?
    Best,
    Jerry

11. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Online Armor is available in "AV+" flavour which includes the Kaspersky Engine :)

12. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Pete uses Sandboxie and I use Geswall, they do mostly the same thing, so no viruses are coming down the internet browsing pipes for me.

Well I myself know about the AV+ of Online Armor and in some more testing, I am renewing my license :D

Plus I am awaiting those extra settings for extended database in the advance tab. I am testing without an antivirus, but won't be without one for long.

dja2k

13. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Hello!

I would definately would go with Online-Armor. Like its name it gives you a solid and excellent ARMOR while you are surfing in the net....even if you go to the dark side ;) . It is easy to set up and easy to use. Developement is also very fast.

I am using OA with firewall with Defensewall (ilt is like Sandboxie and Geswall) and NOD, but when my nod licence expires i will change to OA +AV.

kristian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.