Online Armor on GAOTD

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chris1341, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

will OA work well with AVG antivirus paid version?

2. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

Online Armor works fine with Antivir Premium. You could read comment 115 on the GAOTD site. Someone from the Online Armor forum said that AVG thought OA was a trojan. That was like over a year ago. I would say go ahead and try it out. Make sure you back up everything first and test it.

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  3. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

It worked with my AVG Free for near two years. No experience with the paid version. That "false positive" with Online Armor and AVG was a long while back and very short lived.

4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Im not sure your right as the user area seems to register the key from today. It sounds strange that you can install it a year from now and then run it free for a year. Certainly different from most GAOTD.

Anyway, I installed today so its a year from now for me and its a good deal whatever it is!

5. cruxx

cruxx Registered Member

I think you only have to register today only if you use the GAOTD setup.exe which is just a timed wrapper for OA. Get the direct download from their site and you can install when you wish just like an paying customer.
    Very nice offer, thanks, Mike. :)

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

OA is being handled differently from other GAOTD offers. If you download OA from GAOTD and unzip the file you find a "readme" text file. It explains that you buy the license from the Online Armor website. The cost of the one year license is reduced to zero by inputting the GAOTD promotion code. You receive a key via email and can start using it whenever you wish. You don't have to install OA today. The email with the key includes a download link as well. In fact it's a good idea to wait until you receive the key to install, so you can register/activate OA. I received mine immediately, but you never know with email.

7. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

Hmm, that's unfortunate. Are you sure about this? What problems could it cause? I am trialing NOD32 at the moment, so would that cause a conflict with OA?

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I think that's if you use the GOTD installer that comes with the download,you should be ok if you use a regular installer.

9. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Bang on the money Andyman. We've had a few people swing by the site and pick up Italian or Dutch versions and use the key from GAOTD. Its done thru the cart so that the keys are handled exactly as a paying customer.

10. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Mike, thank you for this offer! BTW, is there merit to the quote below?

11. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

When I used OA with Nod32 on 32 bit win xp sp3 there is no conflict.

You set them both into exclude each other. Either use Nod32 to scan email or OA not both. I choose Nod32 but that is just my choice.

12. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

The licence works on a single machine. You can reinstall on that machine as many times as you like (I have used my key to reinstall something like 400 times).

If the machine changes, or you want to install on another machine you will need to reset the key. Reinstall of windows will also cause a key to require reset - this is a 2 minute self-serve process at the user area.

Mike

13. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. However, I am specifically talking about the web scanner component, not the email scanner or file access scanning. I know there is no conflict: I've excluded both of them from each other already ;) . I'm just asking if OA's web shield and NOD32's web access protection can work together. Fredra said that this is not the case; I should disable one or the other. I am asking for confirmation on this, because the more protection I can get online, the better :D !

14. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

OA free was always good to me. One of the best HIPS/FW I've used.
    Now I can see what the whole package has.

Thanks Mike

15. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Excellent! Thank you for the clarification, Mike :)

16. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Is there any conflict between OA paid and winpatrol? And how do I set up avira and OA to exclude one another?

17. thathagat

thathagat Guest

i hv dr web av v5 which i don't use because it lacks HTTP scanner but if i use that with OA will the OA web protection be sufficient enough....to protect ?

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Sorry, thick skull here. How do I "claim the key", now that it has been emailed to me? I anticipate installing this software about 3 months from now. I understand that I shouldn't use the GAOTD installer when I am ready to do it, but I'm confused about if there is another step I must take to claim the key. Thanks! :doubt:

19. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I am using OA with Avira Premium. Web & email scanners running in both products without any problems. Based on info at the OA forum you should exclude your AV in OA and vice versa to avoid them monitoring each other.

20. thathagat

thathagat Guest

the key just won't install................:ouch: any suggestions....i just removed kis2010 to install this

Attached Files:

21. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Had no conflict at all between OA and WinPatrol Plus.
    The only pop up I received was from WP asking if I wanted to have OA as a start up program.

When I first started using Avira and OA, I did nothing to set it up at that time.
    OA threw up a few pop ups relating to Avira trying to connect to the internet.
    Once approved that was that.
    They ran very nicely together then and still do today. :)

22. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

thathagat,

I encountered the same issue (did I copy/paste wrong o_O I didn't think so!) Anyways, I uninstalled, re-installed and tried again and it worked. Go figure??

23. boonie

boonie Registered Member

"Claiming the key" is merely going through the purchasing process at Tall Emu, and receiving your license code/serial number (whichever you call it).
    If you've done this, you've claimed your key, and you can wait on installing it until you're ready.

24. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Thanks, boonie. I was hoping that was the answer. :)

25. boonie

boonie Registered Member

No problem.:thumb:

I grabbed the 2 year deal. For 10 bucks, you can't beat it.
    Thanks Mr. Nash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.