Online Armor Long Boot Time

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by WilliamP, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I removed Comodo from one of my computers and am trying OA . I noticed the boot was taking longer so I timed one snapshot with Comodo and the other with OA. There is a one minute longer boot time with OA. Has anyone else noticed this.

2. Dogtag

Dogtag Registered Member

Hi William

Running OA here with no apparent increase in boot time.I am wondering what version of OA are you using at the moment?Reason i am asking this is it was an issue in previous builds and Mike and the OA worked hard to eliminate this.
    Try posting in the OA forums and im confident that Mike or one of the team will help.

Dogtag

3. springheal

springheal Registered Member

I have noticed the same after installing Online Armor a week ago. For me, the boot time was 15 to 20 seconds longer and I can live with that if it gives me better protection and so far, I am a happy camper. A shorter boot time would be a bonus, but I consider security more important.
    Version 2.1.0.95

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have gone back to Comodo. I know that they are both good but OA just caused to much of a drag on my computer at boot. That concerned me.

5. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

I noticed the same boot time lag of 10-15ish seconds with the newest OA version. I could've lived with it but then in bugged out and started crashing on boot up with the application rights popup. Mike said they are fixing it in the upcoming version, maybe they'll work on the boot up time issue as well.

6. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

At first I had the same problem, but I downloaded and installed OA one more time 18-19 hours ago. I do not notice any delay now. After installing I updated the firewall because I read in the OA forum that some fix was about to be released. (The fix I read about was for some other bug, but I think there were 4 or 5 files when updating, so maybe there also were a fix for slow boot?)

The version number has not changed, it is still 2.1.0.95. I have "block all the traffic during system boot" unchecked. This is the default setting and should be safe if you are behind a hardware router/FW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.