Online Armor ++ Free this Friday

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dcrowe0050, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icr

icr Registered Member

I have got OA pro firewall from gizmos and the method you have specified works perfectly but might not be in case of giveawayoftheday actually I had downloaded some another application and installed but for some reason I had to format my computer and the next day I installed that same application and it won't allow, only trial version was possible.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

can OA++ be installed ontop of OA Premium? or do i have to uninstall OA Premium then install OA++?

3. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I would uninstall then reinstall the ++ version. They also recommend rebooting twice when doing an uninstall / reinstall.

4. firzen771

twice? hmm ok...

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

hey firzen are you ready?:D friday it will be a nice freebie offer:)

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone know if the HIPS component of OA++ is that of Online Armor or A2 (Mamutu)? Does anyone know which product is used when some features of A2, OA and Ikarus overlap?

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i was asking my self same question:) as i never use the ++ version:D

8. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

I am totally ready for the action....But i guess we can use the Setup in future too by using the giveaway key...

9. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Mamutu is not used in OA++ per OA's forum. You would probably be better off posting your 2nd question at Tall Emu's forum.

10. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

What about us that already have one or more licenses? Could we take advantage of this giveaway? I mean we'll be able to register the serial in our accounts @ OA's license system or not? I guess no...but I'm asking in case someone has an answer. Thanks.

11. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

I hate that:mad:

12. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

yup......it has to do with OA's drivers not being removed before 2 reboots.

from OA forum:

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Nice, OA have been giving lots of freebies lately :D

14. firzen771

u know it :D now i can remove avast and just have OA for everything (as long as it doesnt have any slowdown that is :D)

ah, some good insight, thx

15. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

In a way, I feel jibbed off, even for something free

I use x64 and can't get this and activate it when that version arrives, so many people get something for free while I don't,

Stupid I know, just how I feel :(

16. firzen771

yep, its too bad for x64 users, but its in the works and im sure ther will be more giveaways some point in the future :D

17. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It turns out that it's not just OA drivers. Since I was shown were to look to see that it took 2 reboots to remove them(Device manager), I've notice on many programs that have drivers installed it took 2 reboots to clear them. So now I do two reboots after an uninstall of anything that I think installed drivers.

Pete

18. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Yeah I do this now too. I read it on the technet blog, one reboot stops the driver and starts the removal process but is not able to clean up everything.

I would say that even if you cannot register the giveaway license with OA's licens system for later use, you may be able to activate the giveaway license and register your other licenses for later use after the giveaway subscription is up. In any case, post it on their forums and see what they say.

19. firzen771

installed the trial, but what exactly is "cookie cutter" in OA? and another question, wen i go to the antivirus tab, all i see is settings for an ondemand scan, OA++ does have an antivirus that works in realtime doesnt it? cuz i dont seem to see any settings related to real time protection or am i missing something? how do i know its working or anything?

20. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Never used OA++ myself but I thought that it had realtime antivirus.

21. firzen771

i assume so, but i dont see any realtime setttings? and another question to anyone that does know, in options, the check updates option which u can set to diff intervals, does that include signature updates? so if i chose every 2 hours, wuld it check for signature updates every 2 hours as well as program updates or how does that work?

22. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

hi........++ is using the Emsi/Ikarus engine to scan files on execution. Unlike traditional AV's, OA ++ is not scanning files in realtime...hence an on demand scan.

23. icr

icr Registered Member

You won't get any extended license from the giveaway a straight license for 1yr and it has nothing to do with your account normally in giveaway's site you have specialized installer that get activated automatically or you have a special key named giveawayoftheday:)

24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

OA ++ does have a real time AV in a sense, but it works differently then traditional AV's. If OA knows the file and knows it's trusted then it doesn't scan it. It only scans if an unknown file tries to run. If a program file was changed that would be an OA alert so this system works fine.

You can right click on a file and scan that file with OA's av any time.

Pete

25. icr

icr Registered Member

Yeah it is not real time AV I had asked the same question to dja2k when he used avast with OA++
    Info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.