Online Armor Files and Registry Shield Ruleset

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

There is any ruleset for the Files and Registry Shield feature? or something similar?

2. ichito

ichito Registered Member

3. blasev

blasev Registered Member

there are no official "ruleset", I hope one of the expert can give us guidance to employ it in the right way

4. guest

guest Guest

5. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I believe there is already some registry protection present in OA without the addition of rule sets. I will have to check with them over at Emsisoft.

6. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

@guest,

testing out OA Premium huh...

-- Have been searching for that also but OA forums points me towards the same link given to guest

7. blasev

blasev Registered Member

8. guest

guest Guest

Yes I got tired of Comodo :D I'm not saying that is worst or better just wanted to try OA again, also I had a premium license that I got for free.

9. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Nope, there is not. OA already protects sensitive system areas. The shields are intended to introduce additional protection for the not generic (user specific and personal) data (documents, source codes, paintings, movies, any other projects). The shields rules override OA own rules if they intersect.

10. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

by default - following paths are guarded -

1) c:\*, document&settings
    2) HKLM/Software/*

i have added my custom picture/document/software paths to fileshield. Allowing to access to it only by trusted programs and a deny access to unknown and untrusted programs.

Rightnow, i have small problem in saving the documents into these protected areas when file sheild is activated. I created a thread over at OA forums and an devloper is actively looking into it.
    http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4316-program-guard-incompatibility-microsoft-excel-2010/

Thanks,
    Harsha

11. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

Hm. Really? This is very promising information :)

12. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Registered Member

-- Same here! Left one pc (XP SP3) with CIS though. I seem to see that OA Premium's File Shield actually does shield the files or folders but it let's the user see the contents. You get it as a read-only. While in CIS if you click a "Blocked folder" it will be blocked and you will not see it's contents(same as Outpost Pro). Saw a post at OA forums about Windows still having to view supposedly locked files by OA. Quite nice observation LINK

13. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

Yes. When i save something, (say excel), the excel app will not be responding for around 1 min or so and then the sheet gets saved. This can be reproduced through firefox/ie even.

Thanks,
    Harsha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.