Online Armor 5 - final release!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by adam993, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

I figured out (kind of) what the problem is.

I actually installed some Windows updates yesterday, after my post above. When the computer restarted, I remember getting a "Firewall Not On'' warning from the Windows Home Server Connector. I ignored it, figuring it was a false positive, because the OA icon was in the tray. I decided to reboot this morning on a hunch and the warning went away and the green border is back. So it appears that OA (or a portion of it) doesn't always start 100%. I don't know if the updates caused it to do so, or what, but I'll keep an eye on it.

N

2. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Is there a free version?

Does the free version offer 2 way protection? For example I installed a program called SUPER which converts videos, and I want to block it accessing the internet..is that possible in the FREE version?

What's the official link to the free version?

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Yes there's a free version, and it blocks more than just outbound. Official site: https://www.online-armor.com/products-online-armor-free.php

4. peterk62

peterk62 Registered Member

I installed OA 5 Free in a fresh VirtualPC virtual machine (using the free Microsoft IE testing vhd) with no other security software running. The install went fine but after OA was installed it completely cut off internet access for all applications. IE couldn't connect even though the OA GUI showed that it was allowed. The only way to enable internet access was to disable the firewall. Has anyone else run into this?

5. blasev

blasev Registered Member

did u use OA wizard while installing? (if not please use it to configure)
    and also did the real firewall (the one outside the vm) block virtualpc?

once I use vmware to test OA without any accident

6. peterk62

peterk62 Registered Member

I had a fresh VM with no other software installed, so only the XP firewall was on. Before the OA installation the VM was able to access the internet. I did a normal installation using the wizard, telling it to "trust everything on this PC", the rebooting and letting if finish its "learning scan". After that, the VM could not access the internet even though the pop-ups showed that IE was being allowed. I could go into the OA control panel and turn off the firewall to enable internet access again. I have used these VMs to try other security software without any issues like this, so I'm really puzzled.

7. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Hmm, maybe u can try vmware player. Never tried vp to test app on my pc, so I can't help much. Hopefully some guru here can help u.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.