One step recovery?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bandwidth_addict, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandwidth_addict

bandwidth_addict Registered Member

Hello people i would like to know if any acronis's product lines come with a facility to produce a one step recovery option. When i say one step recovery option i mean creating cd/cds that a customer can just put in there machine to boot and press one key to re-write an windows image (stored on the same media ie cd/cds) to a hdd partition... Something similar to the way dell sets up there cds. Im not after an OEM type liscence either

thank you

2. sokrin

sokrin Registered Member

actually there is a way to do that.

1. run ATI workstation
    2. click next until you reach Backup location. select your DVD writer, type a file name, click next
    3. select create new full backup archive. click next
    4. select set the options manually. click next
    5. select media components. you should see the One-Click Restore

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bandwidth_addict,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

I agree with sokrin and also recommend using Acronis One-Click Restore for your purposes. I would also like to mention that Acronis One-Click Restore feature is available in Acronis True Image 9.0 Home as well. Please see this previous post of mine describing the difference between these two Acronis True Image versions in detail.

If your computer runs server operating system then we recommend that you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows for your purposes. The major difference between these Acronis True Image versions is that that the latter provides you with the ability to perform the backup process remotely. Please take a look at the version comparison page for more details.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image and Acronis One-Click Restore in the corresponding User's Guide.

You may also find the respective product FAQ page helpful.

We also recommend that you download and install the free trial version(s) of the product(s) you are interested in to see how the software works on your particular software\hardware configuration.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full versions of the products mentioned above. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. We also provide special pricing for our reseller, OEM and other partners. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Just a note of caution. Although the True Image User's Guide contains a note to this effect, it's worth pointing out here that using the One-Click Restore will delete all partitions on the destination drive. Therefore, any partitions that have not been included in the image being restored will be zapped.

Regards

5. bandwidth_addict

bandwidth_addict Registered Member

Is there anyway to avoid deleting all partitions on the hdd. I would like to have a windows partition setup so all computers data ie psts, docs are stored on the second partition.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bandwidth_addict,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to avoid deleting all partitions during the restore. Acronis One-Click Restore acts in this way by design. If you want to customize the restoration process (e.g. recover a single partition changing it's size to the particular value during the restore) you will need to pass all steps of the Data Recovery Wizard (i.e. do not use Acronis One-Click Restore).

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.