One question for you: Prevx2.0 or Cyberhawk?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sharketor, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I really think both programs have been improved, but Prevx is the more improved in my opinion. Just tried Cyberhawk again and had a couple of Microsoft Error Reports just going between the different parts of it's GUI. Went back to Prevx and my PC runs noticeably smoother and the difference between my experiences with the two is pretty much night and day with Prevx just flat out being the more polished of the two. Only my opinion though, so please take his with a grain of salt and remember these opinions are coming from someone who uses AVG AV. LOL.

2. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

I'll take it with 2 grains of salt. LOL
    Running AVG myself with Prevx 2, BOClean 4.22, WinPatrol and Comodo firewall right now.
    Also have BootBack, EAZ-Fix and TI for total image restore.
    Could be permanent or temporary. Don't know yet.
    Prevx 2 has been running great. Very smooth with no hassles.:cool:

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I thought about adding CBOClean, but I was fortunate enough to be given a 1 year trial for a-squared Anti-Malware. If not for that I would use CBOClean. I did just have Comodo Pro on board and it ran well, but I usually just stick with Windows XP Firewall since I'm behind a router firewall. I hope to be sticking with Prevx 2 and AVG AV now though, but like you it may not be permanent. LOL.

4. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Boclean is an antitrojan. I think Avira AntiVir Premium covers that area better so i consider it somehow redundant. Especially when running Prevx 2.
    In my experience Cyberhawk took more CPU and Prevx 2 really does not take any. If Prevx 2 slows down surfing as some say I really cannot tell, but it does not bother me at least a bit.

Early version of Cyberhawk did not live so well with SSM and Sandboxie on my system. With Avira, PG free, Prevx 2 and Sandboxie I have no noticeable conflicts on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.