One hour to "clean" a 2 years laptop running Vista...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AlexC, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I think there's a misunderstanding: once you activate the trial, for 30 days the program will detect and clean free of any obligation to buy. After the 30 days trial if you still want it to clean you have to buy a license. It is a bit more flexible than others as it allows you to use the application to detect only (I haven't bought a license yet, and in my son's computer it has detected and cleaned an infection in the past). Why is this deemed unfair, I don't know.

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

There are FREE Removal Tools to use when Hitman Pro loses its 30-day Removal ability.
    Thanks God, Not all Vendors think the same way Hitman Pro and you think...:gack:

3. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Alleluia!!!
    Exactly!!!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    Thank you, Hungry Man and dw426, for Not misunderstanding my words!

4. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I believe you can use HMP without an internet connection. the ' next ' button has a drop down box, where you can choose early warning scoring EWS, I imagine you would need an connection to activate the 30 day license.
    On my pc, HMP does a scan in 1 minute 45 seconds :)

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I don't see how it can be better to just have a 30 day trial,with the likelihood you won't see how good it is rather than trialling it when there's something at stake.

The users here will no doubt try out software on a VM or a snapshot and deliberately throw infections at a product,therefore a good judgement can be made.For average users,they are left with just the sales pitch as a guide.

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hitman Pro uses 5 engines (G Data, Ikarus, Emisoft, Prevx, and DrWeb) it has no real time guard therefore how does one expect them to pay for those engines? MBAM scans and cleans for free any private computer, but they make their money with the real time guard which is only available by buying a license.

The only reason I've suggested Hitman Pro is that it scans quickly (cloud scan) and effectively, and for 30 days it cleans without any obligation to buy a license, a possible solution for the poster of this thread. In the end as usual some people have to cast some value judgement on how an application is legally trying to earn some money.

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

My co-worker brought me the laptop yesterday and everything went fine and in time! Emisoft found one Trojan (a crack), but the main problem was enormous quantity of startup items, the almost 3 GB of files that Ccleaner found, and lots of unused and crap software installed. After removing all that, erasing old restore points and run Auslogics, the computer became much more responsive:thumb:

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I have doubts that crack was actually a trojan. AV software tends to label anything like that as malicious. However, I'm glad the rest of it was just a matter of "taking out the trash" so to speak :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.