Once again bootable DVD backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by luvish, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvish

luvish Registered Member

I couldnt suceed in making bootable DVD although I followed the instruction "How to create bootable rescue DVD(s)" step by step.

As I can see many people are happy with their result, I think its my ignorance or misunderstanding on some technical stuff causing the failure.

I tried to make bootable CD at first. and tested it by rebooting to see whether it is actually working. yes, it works OK. and then followed the instruction. but failed somehow.

Thingking over the whole process, I have got a quetion why it is not possible to use the following simple procedure.

Now we have got TI bootable cd image, we can extract the image using WinISO. Open Nero and then choose DVD-boot, load bootimage we made from bootable CD. And then add your TI image to burn. Isnt it simple enough?

I think this way seems simpler and more intuitive, but not sure whether it will work or not. I have already wasted several DVD medias. so i can not afford to do the experiment.

Any suggestion or orrection would be appreciated.

PS: Is it possible to add some data files on boot DVD other than TI image. I created an additional directory and put my data image file in the directory when I make bootable DVD. But its not working. if i remember correctly, adding some data file on boot CD cause no problem at all.

kim

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

If you can get that method to work, then go nuts.

As recommended in the thread I started, be sure to use RW media. It makes no sense to use write-once discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.