On-Line Armour & Windows 7 Standard Accounts

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Syncman9, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syncman9

Syncman9 Registered Member

I thought I'd pose this question here in the hope that someone might be able to help.

I'm running win 7 64, with two accounts, one is an admin, and one is a standard account.

When I use the admin account, armour on-line works fine, allows firefox to runsafer and remembers install mode (thus not flooding me with too many popups)

When I use the standard account, firefox doesn't contain the border, so I'm presuming it's not in runsafer (even though the setting indicates it should) and popups are a plenty, as it fails to remember install mode.

I spent years running everything out on an Admin account, and when I had to rebuild my machine, I thought I'd give it a different approach, but it would seem windows still has some way to go on limited accounts.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, help, would be appreciated. I did ask on the armour on-line forums, and left it about a week, but no reply.

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If your question doesn't get answered here soon then i would post it on Online Armor's forum. They are working diligently on fixing any bugs. You could send Mike Nash a PM to make sure it isn't overlooked. I'm sure he could answer your question.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Mike Nash is no longer involved with Online Armor. You might just go there and post your question.

Pete

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

My bad. I thought he was working with Emsisoft now, and still working on OA.

5. Julian

Julian Registered Member

If you use LUA or UAC the safe run feature of OA seems pretty unnecessary since endangered applications are already restricted.
    Maybe that's the reason.

6. Syncman9

Syncman9 Registered Member

I posted on here because I had no response on the forums. I allowed five days for a response, plenty of people read it but no response.

I wasn't so much worried about the run safe, but the fact that when you install things you get flooded with popups because it doesn't seem to remember that you've asked it to remember. If that makes sense.

It's not the end of the world, I can switch to the admin account to install things.

Thanks for the posts

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

I think you are on the right track with this. In W7 LUA you really don't need Safe Mode.

If I were this user I would turn off safe mode and see how things go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.