On demand scanning - what to exclude?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quadrophonic, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

1) I know it's a matter of preference, but should I exclude avi, wmv. mpg, mpeg and flv files?

2) Set a size limit - exclude files over 5 mg?

Wouldn't that exclude all e-mail program sent and inbox archives?
    I haven't done a full NOD32 on demand scan yet, because my email database archives are quite large, and I noticed that NOD32 was spending hours on them.

3) Should jpg files and bmp files be excluded? I've read that some jpg files could include metadata which might have a trojan script.

I would think if you download a photo from the net, or use the "save as" option from IE/Firefox, IMON would initially catch an embedded trojan.

4) How long should an AV scan take before you realize that you have to reconfigure the NOD32 setup? One poster on this board said his took 24 hours! I would think 10 hours is excessive.

5) Lastly (for the time being :) ), what's the best way to scan in regard to what else should be running at the same time? I've had this same question when I used to run Avast and Avira. Should one unplug from the net? Should I close
    Teatimer and Spyquard and shutdown my firewall? If you're running a resident anti-spyware program, should that be closed?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , not necessary .

I don't think this is possible in NOD32's on-demand scanner

You can do it but it isn't necessary .

AMON , IMON ... both

The scan speed depends on your processor speed , RAM , how many files you have and how big they are

Your choice but you definitely don't need to disable the firewall . I myself scan
    uplugged from the internet and I do nothing while NOD32 is scanning :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.