On demand scanner vs. external application scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jim28277, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim28277

jim28277 Registered Member

I am sure this question has been asked before but I could not find it with a search. What is the difference in "on-demand" scanning" and the scanning that occurs when you run the external "nod32 kernel" with Blackspeare's settings. I've been using NOD32 for about 18 months and using the on-demand scanning but I've always wondered why anyone woud use the extrernal application approach. Thanks in advance and cheers

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

HI Jim, the external application is used to launch the NOD32 scanner and runs it with a command line through switches, nothing magical in it; it allows you to run scans at predetermined periods.

Cheers :D

3. jim28277

Thanks for the reply Blackspear. I'm still not sure of the benefit of running the external application vs. on-demand. I schedule an "On-Demand" scan to run once a week as well so I don't see much of a benefit. What am I missing? Is it the case that your settings don't get applied to the "On Demand" scans? I assumed they did through the saved profile.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  4. jim28277

Thank you I found my answer by searching a little harder through some recent posts. As I suspected this question has been asked (and answered) several times in the past. Blackspear, I appologize for repeating the question which I'm sure you have answewred many times before. Your very gracious with your time. Cheers! ;J

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure Jim, it was 11:30pm here when you replied and I was very tired, so head off to bed. Glad you have it all sorted.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.