On-Demand Scanner Profile

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kronflux, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kronflux

kronflux Registered Member

I'm trying to integrate the On-Demand scanner into a PE disk, but I can't figure out where the setting profiles are stored. I've seen a few pre-compiled portable copies of the on-demand scanner, and they have different settings than the defaults. I've tried overwriting all the profiles with the settings I want, before copying the required files, and still nothing.
    Any ideas where the profiles are stored, and how I could include them with the EXE?
    (it just makes life easier when I can just click "scan and clean" and have it do what I want, rather than having to set each setting before clicking scan)
    (its nod32 version 2.70.39)

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

why are you creating a pe disc with version 2.7?
    version 4 and 5 have an option to create a winpe rescue disc all it requires is that you have waik (windows automated installation toolkit) installed. the settings may stick if you use a usb stick rather than a cd.

3. kronflux

kronflux Registered Member

the reason being, I'm trying to implement this into my Hirens CD. It's much easier with older versions, because everything is in the same directory, no registry entries are needed, and it can run portably simply by copying certain files.
    Newer versions cannot.
    And no, even on a usb drive, it doesn't even allow you to select a profile(assumingly there is a registry entry somewhere that stores these profiles, and that is needed.)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Updates for v2 will be discontinued within 5 months. Also v2 detects way too less threats than newer versions so I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it and rely on its scans.
    Perhaps copying the command line scanner ecls.exe along with the em*.dat would work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.